Your 2021 College Football Thread

Totally fired up!

Locked in our families Peach Bowl tickets last night, and then locked in our hotel near Mercedes Benz Stadium in Atlanta this morning. 5 of the 7 of us are heading down to cheer on MSU against Pitt in the Peach Bowl come winter break.

Double fired up - coordinated with my cousins family (same age and we graduated together) and my college roommate and his family (family best friends to this day!).

We are in different sections of the stadium for the game, but staying at the same hotel Mon-Fri. Going to be a GREAT final week of the year! Go Green! :cool:

Nothing beats a bowl game or Championship game environment and festivities. :)
Sounds like a great time!!!

Totally fired up!

Locked in our families Peach Bowl tickets last night, and then locked in our hotel near Mercedes Benz Stadium in Atlanta this morning. 5 of the 7 of us are heading down to cheer on MSU against Pitt in the Peach Bowl come winter break.

Double fired up - coordinated with my cousins family (same age and we graduated together) and my college roommate and his family (family best friends to this day!).

We are in different sections of the stadium for the game, but staying at the same hotel Mon-Fri. Going to be a GREAT final week of the year! Go Green! :cool:

Nothing beats a bowl game or Championship game environment and festivities. :)
Lots to do in Atlanta! It's a fun city! Been to a bunch of baseball games there but never been to Mercedes stadium. My son lives about a half hour from downtown.

We will only be in town for a 3 days, and there is so much near us. Not even sure what we will do yet: presumably a mixture of fan/game activities and hopefully check out a few nearby Atlanta places. Staying at Embassy Suites at Centinneal Park, so stadium, and a massive range of Atlanta attractions look to be within walking distance. Sounds like your son lives in a neat area for access to all that is Atlanta.

My wife and I went down for the ‘94 Olympics early in our marriage. We were young and starting out, so no money for actual sporting events. We drove down, got the cheapest hotel possible well outside of Atlanta, and spent 2 days just walking around venues, spending time at Olympic Park, taking in the free outdoor Olympic attractions, etc… Otherwise, we’ve only passed through the place driving to Florida while complaining about the predictable traffic jam obstacle the city always presents to us when heading to the sunshine state - lol.

We will only be in town for a 3 days, and there is so much near us. Not even sure what we will do yet: presumably a mixture of fan/game activities and hopefully check out a few nearby Atlanta places. Staying at Embassy Suites at Centinneal Park, so stadium, and a massive range of Atlanta attractions look to be within walking distance. Sounds like your son lives in a neat area for access to all that is Atlanta.

My wife and I went down for the ‘94 Olympics early in our marriage. We were young and starting out, so no money for actual sporting events. We drove down, got the cheapest hotel possible well outside of Atlanta, and spent 2 days just walking around venues, spending time at Olympic Park, taking in the free outdoor Olympic attractions, etc… Otherwise, we’ve only passed through the place driving to Florida while complaining about the predictable traffic jam obstacle the city always presents to us when heading to the sunshine state - lol.
If you have the chance/time check out the "Varsity" restaurant in downtown Atlanta! It's a huge place that's just a fun place to eat. Hot dogs, hamburgers, and the best onion rings! We ate there on a Georgia Tech game day and it was packed! But the place holds about 800 people!

If you have the chance/time check out the "Varsity" restaurant in downtown Atlanta! It's a huge place that's just a fun place to eat. Hot dogs, hamburgers, and the best onion rings! We ate there on a Georgia Tech game day and it was packed! But the place holds about 800 people!
Just mapped it. 1.1 miles from hotel, 6 min car, or 21 min walk. Might have a good burger and onions rings in my future. ;) Thanks for the suggestion.

All right.....JMU is in the semifinals!!!

Nearly the whole crowd sings the National Anthem and the final line is sung as "the land of the free, and the home of the BISON!!!" with everyone shouting "the BISON" at the top of their lungs. Pretty cool!

And for what it's worth, the Bison team is on the field for the Anthem!

Believe me, if we weren't doing Christmas next weekend, I'd be working you pretty hard to fly in for it!
That would be a pretty cool experience! We'll be on the road in Maryland next weekend. When are they scheduled to play?!?

I don't think it is announced until after This Sam Houston Montana State game is over.

Good games guys. I couldn’’t resist watching JMU last night and NDSU today because of all the chatter here between the two of you. Good wins! Exciting games!

Should be exciting matchups next weekend. Not following the teams regularly, how do you think the game between them will go?

Good games guys. I couldn’’t resist watching JMU last night and NDSU today because of all the chatter here between the two of you. Good wins! Exciting games!

Should be exciting matchups next weekend. Not following the teams regularly, how do you think the game between them will go?
My gut feeling?
I think the teams are so close that it could come down to one or two dropped catches, a key turnover or bad call.
A non-offensive score would be a huge factor.

I'm thinking JMU by 4

Now if we could fill that Fargodome I would say Bison by 7.

Playing at home in that crazy indoor stadium I've got to give NDSU the edge. That's big for a National semifinal game! Both teams are well disciplined, well coached and evenly matched. I think they've only lost 1 playoff game at home? Bill? Going to be another good one!

So excited... FCS Semis tonight & tomorrow!

herosports.com

FCS Playoffs: No. 2 NDSU vs. No. 3 JMU Semifinal Preview - HERO Sports News

North Dakota State hosts James Madison in the semifinals of the FCS playoffs. Here's what to know heading into the matchup.
herosports.com
herosports.com

herosports.com

FCS Playoffs: No. 8 Montana State vs. SDSU Semifinal Preview - HERO Sports News

No. 8 Montana State hosts South Dakota State in the semifinals of the FCS playoffs. Here's what to know heading into the matchup.
herosports.com
herosports.com

Wow! That was a pretty in depth review of all of the key players in both games. But when the whistle blows all of that stuff goes right out the window! Good luck to the Bison tonight! Hope they go easy on us!

Back