2024 QX

rmueting

Reaction score
So I was looking at trading my 2021 QX for a 2024. The base price went from 103k to 173k in 3 years. It would cost me $122k to trade up three years which makes no sense and makes you start looking at other makes. The only difference is i wanted to go to Yamahe vs Mercury which was a 14k difference. Is anyone else encountering this?

What was MSRP on your ‘21 vs what you paid? Is that 173k for a ‘24 based on MSRP website build, or working with a dealer? And finally, you will never get good value on a boat trade in. You get raked over the coals vs what you can get for your boat selling it yourself.

FWIW, I would think you would get very close to what you paid for your ‘21 if you sold it yourself. Resale on good condition Bennington’s tends to be very strong, in part due to the cost of buying that same model new. It really bolsters the pre-owned Bennington market.

Anyway, boat prices have been exploding year over year since about 2016-17 minimally. They took an even more dramatic upward turn following the demand of 2020-22. Thus, it has been a pretty ongoing discussion around here for some of us with older boats (I have a 2017 Bennington myself) whenever we price compare what it would cost to step up to a newer version of what we already have, let alone a step up in model.

You'll probably sell your 21 for around $103 to $105k, and the dealer will likely net you about $35k off MSRP (or better, depending on dealer and timing), so you're really looking at about $30-$35k-ish difference. Maybe less.

As to Merc vs Yamaha, they're both great, but I do love my Mercury 350 Verado a lot more than my previous Yamaha.

it was just based on the base price without options
The options is what will really empty your pockets. This is my second Benny and last, so I made sure I purchased every option that I really wanted. SB, 2 power poles, Fosgate 8 spkr, smaller captain's chair, pillow top, etc. Plus I opted for the 450R because we are out in the ocean, very rough at times, and wanted to make sure we could make it home safely. Needless to say, the dealer and myself both got what they wanted. He got his commission and I got my boat. Absolutely love it. But it cost a pretty penny

You'll probably sell your 21 for around $103 to $105k, and the dealer will likely net you about $35k off MSRP (or better, depending on dealer and timing), so you're really looking at about $30-$35k-ish difference. Maybe less.

As to Merc vs Yamaha, they're both great, but I do love my Mercury 350 Verado a lot more than my previous Yamaha.
This is what I am thinking as well. And like you, LOVE my Mercury Verado. I honestly wouldn’t go with any other motor now after having one. That said, Yamaha’s are incredible, so one cannot go wrong with either unless getting one or the other competently serviced isn’t an option in ones local area.

I thought about trading my 2017 23GCW on a comparably priced 2024 but I didn’t want to upgrade down to the 188SV …. :p:D:D

I’ve noticed a lot more inventory on the lots and inventory not moving like it was. I’ve seen a lot of 2023’s still looking for their new homes.

Yes, Boat dealers around here have a lot of inventory! Checked a few online and anything decent with at least a 200/250 is into the $100000/$125000 range!
I’ve noticed a lot more inventory on the lots and inventory not moving like it was. I’ve seen a lot of 2023’s still looking for their new homes.
Yup noticed the same thing! Boat dealers around here have full lots and crazy prices!

My small dealer moved 30+ Benni’s this year (probably closer to 40 with the specials that don’t hit their page) and quite a few Xpress fishing boats (typically $60K plus). People came from all over the country including Canada to buy from them. I was amazed how many boats they sold and how far people traveled to buy from them.

So I was looking at trading my 2021 QX for a 2024. The base price went from 103k to 173k in 3 years. It would cost me $122k to trade up three years which makes no sense and makes you start looking at other makes. The only difference is i wanted to go to Yamahe vs Mercury which was a 14k difference. Is anyone else encountering this?
I’m thinking about moving from a 2020 Qx swing back, cladded arch and windshield fully loaded with 425 Yamaha to a new Q 27 with twins.

My small dealer moved 30+ Benni’s this year (probably closer to 40 with the specials that don’t hit their page) and quite a few Xpress fishing boats (typically $60K plus). People came from all over the country including Canada to buy from them. I was amazed how many boats they sold and how far people traveled to buy from them.
Can you name the dealer, or at least the city they’re located in?

Captains Choice in Leesville, SC. Excellent dealer with great service and overall support. Have been a customer for over 19 yrs.

Back