2575 QCW Blackout Edition Overland

Jpzeroday

Reaction score
Well my Q starts is journey southwest to its home tomorrow morning!

Purchased from River Valley Power & Sport. Kyle Price was my sales guy. Kyle's service through the purchase process has been fantastic--even including instant responses to late night questions and close to a hundred emails/texts. And the price was far the best I found nationwide. Far.

Should be here hopefully by Mon or Tue. 2200 miles in transit (had it shrink wrapped for the journey). And looking forward to shakedown on Tue on Lake Mead (knock on wood). Forecast is for mid 70s and light winds. March boating Lake Mead/Mohave/Havasu and my favorite the Parker Strip can often be mellow and comfortable, though the water is still cold.

I posted a few pics to my Gallery that were taken by Kyle as she was prepped over the last week.

Already have several projects queued up:

1. VHF Radio w/GPS and 8' Antenna
  2. Jabasco high flow water pump hose off system (6gpm!)

And a couple of interesting ideas under development.

Congratulations Jpzeroday!  Saw your pictures and your boat is certainly a head turner.  You mentioned you shopped nationwide, I would think it would be cost effective to purchase a boat very far away from your self due to transportation costs you would incur.  Where are you located and where is River Valley Power & Sport located? 

Congratulations Jpzeroday!  Saw your pictures and your boat is certainly a head turner.  You mentioned you shopped nationwide, I would think it would be cost effective to purchase a boat very far away from your self due to transportation costs you would incur.  Where are you located and where is River Valley Power & Sport located? 
Minnesota ?

http://www.rivervalleyredwing.com/custompage.asp?pg=ByWater.

My dealer sold one to a buyer in Florida .

$6000 less ,$2000 to transport .Still 4 k ahead .

She is a beauty!! I would keep the graphics, gives it more of a sinister look/feel. Just my opinion though. That will definitely turn a head or two! Hopefully people don't start sending you their doctor bills saying you caused whiplash!  Haha enjoy it, and interested in what your "interesting ideas" may be!! Well done.

Sweet boat! As for prices varying, we sold our last one to a guy from NY as he said they are cheaper in mi

Nice boat! I agree keep the graphics! Adds a little contrast.........

+1 on keeping the graphics.

Sweet boat! As for prices varying, we sold our last one to a guy from NY as he said they are cheaper in mi
Nice boat.  Did you get nervous about payment/check being good?   I sold my like new 24' Sea Ray with 60 hrs on it to a guy several hundred miles away.  I met the buyer half way, gave him my boat, and I had a check (piece of paper) going back home and was nervous until money hit my account.

How does that work for warranty issues?  Can you take it to your local Benny dealer?

How does that work for warranty issues?  Can you take it to your local Benny dealer?
Should be just like a car ,any dealer .

One thing though ,if you read the fine print on the 7 year warranty .Years 6 & 7 are not transferable to the new owner .

Graphics are still on for now.

Purchased in MN. Home base Las Vegas.

I saved $14k over next best offer. (!) Shipping was $1700. Plus it was exactly the boat I wanted. Most of the in-stock blackouts are I/O. I really wanted the Merc 300: faster out of the hole, better fuel economy, flat deck front to back, easier to service, less points of potential failure, supercharged will retain HP at altitude (we go to Powell and Lake Tahoe, too) and much less $$...only minus is 3mph on the top end. They also kicked in the +2y warranty on the Merc to match the Yamaha promotion.

Any Bennington Dealer will service the warranty.

Sounds like you did your research and got exactly what you wanted! I think it helps buying from states with seasonal boating periods when it comes to pricing.

Yes. Agreed. Snow on the ground in MN. They were willing to do a deal to move inventory. On the other hand, Lake Havasu dealer was holding on to its inventory for premium prices. I also think better deals now before the boating season is in full swing. That's how I planned it out from last year.

Should be just like a car ,any dealer .

One thing though ,if you read the fine print on the 7 year warranty .Years 6 & 7 are not transferable to the new owner .
I'm not sure about this. I thought I read somewhere that they don't necessarily have to work on a boat if they didn't sell it. It probably won't be in their best interest. At the very least I bet you would go to the back of the service line.

Can't say I'd really blame them either as I get it in my business with warranty work.

What if you move? Now your screwed because you 800-1000 miles away? Not like the dealer is doing warranty work as a donation, their getting paid by bennington.

I guess this  would be a good question for TB 

I was told both by a) seller dealership; and B) my closest dealer that all Bennington Dealers do warranty work on any Bennington boat. My closest dealer said it was a contractual requirement of their distribution agreement with Bennington. Now that was a sales person that told me that and I have not seen the fine print covering this yet.

JP

Semper is right. The dealer doesn't HAVE to do your warranty work. I know this because I was working with a local guy, building him a boat and tell him/teaching him what options were worth while and I recommended my dealer, since he has been great to me through all my purchases. Well he went to the states and bought his boat because it was going to be about $6000 cheaper, but he didn't take into consideration the cost of hauling, the difference in the dollar at the time, nor would he give my dealer a list of options that were on the boat he was looking at, which made me and dealer think apples to apples. So anyway, no, my dealer doesn't HAVE to work on his boat. He said he would, but he'd be at the back of the line for it. Rightly so if you ask me. I would take care of customers that bought from me faster than someone who went somewhere else for possibly a grand or so difference. Figure if it wasn't an inconvenience for them to drive 9 hours one way or so to buy the boat, then it can't be too inconvenient to drive back there for service. Moving is a different story, so is $14G! 

Jpzeroday,

Congratulations on your Q25.

Is your transport company planning on pulling that rig back to you with the cover on it??? Be careful!, I have been told by my dealer that Bennington will not warranty and damage caused by towing with the cover on.

I think he mentioned in the original post that it had been "shrink wrapped " 

Back