Access Door into helm area...

lawaustin

Reaction score
The door into the helm area on my '17 SSRX is bowed a little at the top preventing a tight fit. There is a little space when totally closed.

Anyone else experienced this, and found a cure?

The door into the helm area on my '17 SSRX is bowed a little at the top preventing a tight fit. There is a little space when totally closed.

Anyone else experienced this, and found a cure?
A picture might help. I know I've had to adjust the latch a few times to get the door to stop rattling and be tight to the console

I put a small piece of soft hose over the metal latch, This stopped the rattle.

Unlike Geo75 my door wasn't rattling, just not making full contact at the top. I can get it closer than it is now, but not much. I just wondered if anyone else had a similar problem and if easily remedied at the dock.

It's a '17 SSRX. Warranty would probably cover it, but sometimes the juice isn't worth the squeeze, and this might be one of those times.

Thanks for the replies.

My door was a little wonky from the factory, and I fiddled with the latches and fastened a couple spacers to get everything lined up perfectly. It's surprisingly tricky to get the geometry exactly right. Make sure if you do anything yourself to hand-tighten the screws and not to overdo it - the fiberglass isn't terribly tough and strips out easily.

Back