Anybody add LED lighting?

mikeb33

Reaction score
I have a 2021 SSRXP Tritoon and didn't get any kind of lighting package but now wish I had. I am thinking of a rope light around the outside under the rail with an RGB controller. Also maybe another on the inside near the floor or seat edge, I'm not sure. The boat is in winter storage so I can't look at where it might go. Anybody doe this? Where do you route the wires? The underskinning makes access hard. Do these aluminum panels come off easily? Any other tips? Kits? Thanks.

Hi Mike. I am sure others will chime in that have done some of this. However, while you wait, do a search in the upper right hand corner of the forum. Adding LED lighting, members attaching directions to what they’ve done with pictures, etc… are in a few different threads. You might just find everything you are looking for in some of these recent past threads.

In the meantime, good luck with your upcoming Spring…Summer project.

I have a 2021 SSRXP Tritoon and didn't get any kind of lighting package but now wish I had. I am thinking of a rope light around the outside under the rail with an RGB controller. Also maybe another on the inside near the floor or seat edge, I'm not sure. The boat is in winter storage so I can't look at where it might go. Anybody doe this? Where do you route the wires? The underskinning makes access hard. Do these aluminum panels come off easily? Any other tips? Kits? Thanks.
Mike,
Since we purchased our '14 Benny 2550 RCL used with a whopping 24 hours on it, we didn't have any choice as to any form of lighting packages. The boat did come with both under water and under hull LED lighting. Since we are not really night boaters, in the 3.5 years of ownership, we've not really had a chance to see how well they do while out on the water in the darkness or even in the evening. The under water ones on the back of the outboard pontoons are SERIOUSLY bright. The under hull ones are not quite as bright but do the job of enhancement nicely.

I'm sure you'll get coaching on this but just make sure that even with the under hull ones, you do find ones that are rated for IPxxx rated for moisture.
Scott

P.S. The first two pics you see are one displaying both sets with the garage lights turned off. That's why it's tough to see what's going on.

Attachments

• IMG_1458.JPG
    IMG_1458.JPG
    40.4 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_1459.JPG
    IMG_1459.JPG
    68.5 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_1460.JPG
    IMG_1460.JPG
    154.9 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_1461.JPG
    IMG_1461.JPG
    109.8 KB · Views: 24
Thanks Viking. I did a search and got some ideas. Not sure how to handle the underskin panels yet though.
Fire Up that looks really cool, and I like the garage too.

I have a big write up on what I did in my signature below - but my boat was pre-wired at the helm and bow for lights. Regardless, some good links to buy good LED lights.

Mike, I have a 2021 23LSB and I also purchased it without any lighting packages. My boat was not pre-wired so everything I did was mostly from scratch. I purchased 2 - 16.1’ Wet Sounds LED strips and a Wet Sounds controller. The Wet Sounds LED strips have no adhesive backing but I was able to glue them in place with Liquid Nails Fuze-It. I cut another opening in the dash panel to add a second controller. (I had already installed 1 controller because I upgraded the speakers and converted to RBG, and a rocker switch for an anchor.). I’ve run wires from the helm to the stern several times without removing the aluminum splash guards, so that is relatively easy. I’m able to pick between 16 colors and various modes, but I prefer the solid color mode. Next I’m upgrading my cupholders to RBG. I won’t be able install them until early January; my net cost per cupholder is about $12 each versus the $55 each plus tax and shipping to buy from a dealer. I post information on those once I complete that project.

Attachments

• IMG_8331.jpeg
    IMG_8331.jpeg
    89.8 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_8423.jpeg
    IMG_8423.jpeg
    106.5 KB · Views: 28
That looks great! I didn’t get the outside light rail. Definitely considering adding one, especially after seeing yours. I’m going to look up Wet Sounds now! Thx for the sharing the info

Back