Bennington 2018 25GSRC

turkeysub

Reaction score
Hello, i am new to this forum but clearly there is a ton of knowledge. I'm looking at buying a pontoon, specifically a 2018 Bennington 25 GSRC, it has the SPS Plus System, tritoon, 150 Evinrude High Output motor (7 years left on warranty) and 62 total hours of use. Does anyone have a feel for a pricepoint on this? Thanks!

I would compare this to pricing a car without any photos, really impossible to do.
What is the NADA price for this?

2018 is pretty new...mabye try building a boat on the Bennington website with what that boat has, and see the MSRP on it. Granted Bennington does not make a G series any longer, I would build the LX (closest thing to the G) and see the MSRP...take 15% off that price (seems to be conservative estimate on what people are paying under MSRP when ordering from Bennington, not showroom floor,) and you can get a ball park.

Remember, we are at the point that building and ordering custom will place people into summer at this point. So ready to go boats that are used or on dealer floors will be at a much higher premium and therefore it becomes a sellers market

Factor in condition of boat, maintenance, warranty..is it the 5 year or the 10 year they offer now?

Welcome! Your lucky to find a used one. Used prices are up dealers and private owners know it. What is the price of the boat ? Trailer also ?

You can build a 26' LX model with the same layout and 150 Yamaha engine, with SPS+ for about the same price once factoring in the discount people are getting off new build boats on the more expensive model. Is this boat full of upgrades? That factors, but sure seems $62k is a "sellers" price for a 3 year old boat.

Upgrades are SPS, under deck wave shield, sea star hydraulic steering and rough water package. Any of that add up to anything? Really truly appreciate the insight

Thanks.....really appreciate it.....it appears the boat i'm looking at has SPS Package and SIMRAD GPS that i dont believe show up on NADA...not sure what the value or need for these are??? Also no trailer. Marina he bought it from picked up and delivered the boat every year. Anyway, seller says he worked with Marina on price and came up with $62, 500......not sure how much "play" is in there historically on these transactions. Anyone with thoughts there i would welcome. Just want to make sure i get a fair shot. Thanks! Appreciate all the help.

Market is white-hot for used boats right now. It's COVID/Spring and everyone is buying. I sold my 10-year old Benny for $2k less than I bought it for new last summer, and the market is even hotter right now.

I personally would not want to go with Evinrude if they have discontinued the motor. Seems like it will impact resale down the road. Just my 2 cents. Given the size of the investment, the option above for the 150 yamaha seems better.

I personally would not want to go with Evinrude if they have discontinued the motor. Seems like it will impact resale down the road. Just my 2 cents. Given the size of the investment, the option above for the 150 yamaha seems better.
I didn't realize Evinrude discontinued the motor??

BRP ,the parent company of Evinrude is still in business .

Bombardier indicated that the warranty is still good, unlike the OMC Evinrude bankruptcy back in 2000, but I would think that the resale value of those motors will take a hit unless BRP decides to jump back into the motor business. Again, just my opinion. From what others have said, they made a great motor.

Hi Turkeysub and welcome to the forum. I have the same 2018 Bennington 25GSRC model and really like the layout although I think they changed it the following year. You will need to decide how much you are willing to spend on the outboard since Evinrude no longer makes it. Opinions differ, but some would set a low ceiling for that. And could you sell it in 5 years when parts and Evinrude-trained technicians are harder to find? I for one would have reservations about the size. IMO the 25GSRC might be a bit heavy for 150 ponies, depending on how you will use it. I have that boat's limit of 250 on a SPS+ and sometimes want more, but then again we are often loaded down. Just my 2c.

Back