Bennington Decal

I was just thinking, right before I got to Derrick's post, that these decals are generating about as much excitement on this forum as our boats do. Then I read Derrick's post. An absolute masterpiece of literary sarcasm. I loved getting mine in the mail as much as anyone, but when you think about it, it's just a sticker...

That was awesome Derrick.

Okay, now I know how some posts get posted twice...

Because your were doubly excited over Derrick's post?

now I remember why I told my girl friend not to read any of derrick's post' !!!   haha, great story derrick !

Okay, now I know how some posts get posted twice...
Hehe, ya got a little excited with your clicker finger! Don't worry it happens to all of us now and then! I agree it is just a sticker and it made me chuckle that some were upset that they hadn't gotten one. That being said, I think it is more over the fact that even though it is just a sticker, it feels good to have a company that we are obviously passionate about, take the extra time to show they think of us as well. My wife still won't let me put them on our Escalade, not sure why, they look great!

I totally agree !

now I remember why I told my girl friend not to read any of derrick's post' !!!   haha, great story derrick !
Grizz, you have it all wrong!! Women LOVE reading romance novels (right Carl?) and they do half the work for you!! Haha look at what that shades of Grey book did! And they don't even GET A STICKER!! (see how I kept it on topic!)

yep, right again derrick !  ok, i'll let her read this one !!!! hahaha !

oh yeah, maybe i'll just give her the new benni decal for her car for valentine !!!!

Hehe, ya got a little excited with your clicker finger! Don't worry it happens to all of us now and then! I agree it is just a sticker and it made me chuckle that some were upset that they hadn't gotten one. That being said, I think it is more over the fact that even though it is just a sticker, it feels good to have a company that we are obviously passionate about, take the extra time to show they think of us as well. My wife still won't let me put them on our Escalade, not sure why, they look great!
Yeah, I double clicked the post button.  I thought something was wrong when it didn't post right away, so I clicked again.  Suddenly there were two posts.

It's just a sticker.  But it's what the sticker represents that makes us crazy about them!  Myself included.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dang Derrick, did you pick up another hobby ??

I was wondering what I was reading there for a moment ..... I was waiting for a Fabio moment .....

I still wish they would do a cut vinyl vs the clear printed. I can never get these to apply without some issue in the clear portion. But hey, free is free ...... :)

I still wish they would do a cut vinyl vs the clear printed. I can never get these to apply without some issue in the clear portion. But hey, free is free ...... :)
Soapy water spray and a squeegee.

Soapy water spray and a squeegee.
Ironically I think that is what Derrick needed after he got his fist decal.... Cleanup isle 6.

gallery_808_474_883473.jpg

What's wrong with this picture???

Other than the "*!$%#@&!" snow............NOTHING!

How to install decals in 5 easy steps......

1. Clean the surface. Acetone works very well

2. Only peel back about an inch or two of the backing from one end and cut it off

3. Position the sticker while keeping the sticky end off the surface

4. When you have it positioned, use a credit card, or similar item, to squeegy the sticky part onto the surface. The goal here is to work the air out as you go so you don't get them bubbles.

5. After you have that sticky part stuck down, fold the remaining part ( that still has the backing on it) back over the stuck part, then start peeling the backing off as you squeegie towards the other end being sure to push the air bubbles out and not letting it wrinkle.

Hope these are easy steps and I would post a u-tube video but I still haven't mastered the "5 easy steps" to post pictures.

Watched Graveyard Carz n he had a good explanation of how he does it with soapy water. Don't know how good it would work with clear decals, but it was good info.

I'm not putting it on our car because I can' test and the 3 sq ft of clear plastic surrounding the letters, and I'm to cheap to pay for new ones to be made!

Back