Boat Upgrades

Hehe, I'll apologize for all my irrelevant off topic remarks then Snakebyte!  haha I remember when I first started on here, I went back and read through every single topic and comment. Took a long while, but it's amazing how many times I've had a question and thought, wait a second, I remember reading something about that, and the search reveals it for me!!  Which the props and power part reminds me, where the heck is Ericscher and Gerry these days? Miss those guys.

O, and great idea on the separate heading for options. It would have to be looked after, and maybe make sure that whomever posts the topic, let's say Raised Helm, then have it say raised helm R series and a picture.  Then end that post and then we can all comment on how much we like it and why after. Oh and the pictures should all be loaded in the gallery and added that way so the picture always stays viewable. Just a thought.

I agree Bulldog but with the number of options might be quite cumbersome.  Might need to a new header to the front page [i.e. Pontoon Forum, Dock Talk, Options.  Think your idea of naming each option "Raised Helm" with the pix end the post and then wait for comments.  This would be a tremendous help for those making buying decisions and might quite possibly be the cure for that dreaded and costly disease PADs

Last edited by a moderator:
Something definitely needs to be done with the pictures on the build site . When I was trying to find out the difference between the arch and the tower .The build site was useless . 

The pic's all show  a tower , standard bimini or hybrid arch .

If it wasn't for the help from the people on This Forum I would have never known what a standard arch looked like until I got the factory pics .

You know Jack concerning the build site when I look at the drawings that Bennington uses I sometimes have trouble differentiating some of them

You know Jack concerning the build site when I look at the drawings that Bennington uses I sometimes have trouble differentiating some of them
I absolutely agree with that .

I still have questions in regards to how the arch on mine  will open and close .

Does it close forward ,to the rear or both ?

My dealer doesn't know ,mine is the 1st arch he has sold .

The reason we did not get a tower was because it doesn't close . 

The answer to that question I received from Derrick . Not from the build site .

Can you use or does it even have the web strap for the mooring cover ? ( to help with run off) 

Is there a mooring cover leaking problem as there is on the Towers ? Once again Derrick answered  that,

Explaining  the difference on how the cover is attached 

I emailed Tumac with the leaking  question . They replied they do not make the arch covers .( can't wait to see the tag  ) 

There are not that many others here with a standard arch that I am aware of .

I absolutely agree with that .

I still have questions in regards to how the arch on mine  will open and close .

Does it close forward ,to the rear or both ?

My dealer doesn't know ,mine is the 1st arch he has sold .

The reason we did not get a tower was because it doesn't close . 

The answer to that question I received from Derrick . Not from the build site .

Can you use or does it even have the web strap for the mooring cover ? ( to help with run off) 

Is there a mooring cover leaking problem as there is on the Towers ? Once again Derrick answered  that,

Explaining  the difference on how the cover is attached 

I emailed Tumac with the leaking  question . They replied they do not make the arch covers .( can't wait to see the tag  ) 

There are not that many others here with a standard arch that I am aware of .
Jack, when you say "close forward, to the rear, or both" are you asking if the tower FOLDS (the metal tubes) forward or back? I believe it is doable, but I don't believe it is meant to be continually folded. 

I agree Bulldog but with the number of options might be quite cumbersome.  Might need to a new header to the front page [i.e. Pontoon Forum, Dock Talk, Options.  Think your idea of naming each option "Raised Helm" with the pix end the post and then wait for comments.  This would be a tremendous help for those making buying decisions and might quite possibly be the cure for that dreaded and costly disease PADs
Yup, I agree with the dock talk, options, heading things. It might not be that tough, we could just get big block and off call to post links to their photos!! Pretty sure they have most of the options! :)

Jack, when you say "close forward, to the rear, or both" are you asking if the tower FOLDS (the metal tubes) forward or back? I believe it is doable, but I don't believe it is meant to be continually folded. 
No ,I know that the arch is stationary .

The canvas on the top it self  is what I dont know which way it opens and closes ..I not sure if it is still called a bimini .

Based on some pics I looked up today ,it appears it does go forward and back .

Someone get this man some warmer weather, he is about to burst!

Pretty sure when you look at this picture, 

It only opens one way, back. What pictures did you see to make you think otherwise? I of course am just guessing as I have never seen one in person, but I'd like to!! :) I'm hoping to make it out to Bennington headquarters someday!!

Yep that is the open position . ( which we most likely not use ) 

I have seen it closed and folded  to the rear.And I think I saw one folded and stored under the arch .

I'll look again .

Maybe it is behind the arch ? 
4453028_0_311219691600_1.jpg

Derrick - I love your signature pics.  You have the wrong year listed on your boat though.

This one is forward, much to my surprise . .

Closed to the rear .So I have answered some of my own questions .

Does it still have the web strap for run off ?

I have never seen it partially opened to the front .

Either way any or all of these pics would help with the order process 

For what ever it is worth, For the S guys out there, I could post pictures of the options on my boat when I get it, It has 25 additional options from a stock boat.

That is if this Idea would be a go. My build date is 4/11/14 and won't have it until end of April or beginning of May. 

That might be a good idea Chris to have it broken out by series and options buyers typically add. S guys add these options, g guys add this and so on. Maybe title it as popular s options or something.

Also, Jack you started the photo in the signature section and I like it. I'll have to find a photo and figure it out.

The new section is "Owners Chat": Options and Upgrades. I pm'd TB about a new section so there it is.

Thanks Carl!!!

Okay, now what?

I like the S, G, R, Q thing, but what about common stuff across all models?

Derrick - I love your signature pics.  You have the wrong year listed on your boat though.
No I don't, it is a 2014, want the serial number? Hehe. My boat was built into the 2014 season. Which is why it is "ultra rare" since they don't make a 2275RCW sport tower anymore. Just might be the only one in the WORLD!! Haha

Back