Gas Prices

Que Dan with his 150 vs 115 fuel comparison!

You know....that Yamaha 115 doesn't bother me as much now
My 50 drinks even less. On our 400 acre lake we are never in a hurry so we never use much anyway.

I like never in a hurry on the boat.  Cruising 8 - 15 mph is the norm

I'm on a 260 acre lake but always seem to be in a hurry! Darn 200.

That's because you are young Lakeliving, wisdom only comes with age :p

So driving slow is wise? Is that why I have to pass the white haired grandmother doing 35 in a 55 on a clear sunny 75 degree day. She is just so much wiser than I?

To each their own. My most frequented lake is 14,336,000 acres. I think my 200 is well suited. Anything less, and that would be 14 million acres of lake I can't visit. There are lots of ways to cut annual fuel usage. A boat...by it's very existence, is not one of them. Just my opinion though.

So driving slow is wise? Is that why I have to pass the white haired grandmother doing 35 in a 55 on a clear sunny 75 degree day. She is just so much wiser than I?
You'd think old people would drive faster, not slower.  They don't have a lot of time left...

RIYADH, Saudi Arabia — Ahmed al-Ghaith pulled his Dodge Durango into a gas station in central Riyadh and told the attendant to fill it up. In a country where gas sells for 45 cents a gallon, that cost him $12.

With global oil prices plummeting, you might think people in Saudi Arabia, a nation synonymous with oil, where 90 percent of government revenue comes from holes drilled in its majestically profitable sands, would be freaking out.

In Saudi Arabia, the general response to the drop in global oil prices by half — from more than $100 a barrel six months ago to around $50 now — is a shrug.

Remember all those $60 fill-ups at U.S. pumps when gas was running close to $4 a gallon over the past few years? While your wallet was getting hammered, Saudi Arabia’s was getting stuffed thick. The kingdom has more than $750 billion in cash reserves, which is more than enough to keep the lights on and stave off panic over oil markets.

american-flag-wave.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Back