Gas Prices

kaydano

Reaction score
I wish I could hedge my boating gas costs for next summer by buying 1000 gallons now (taking delivery next summer) and locking in the price.

I saw $2.36 on my way home tonight.  Can't go down much more, can it???

Last edited by a moderator:
The price of a barrel of crude is less than half of what it was last season . The price at the pump has not  gone down at the same rate .

However , I saw today in town  that the price of E 85 was the same as regular .Perhaps there is hope .Real Gas and lower Beef Prices .

Air fares have not gone down any.  We bought some tickets to Florida for a trip in February a few weeks ago.  Prices have actually gone up some since then.

Filled the car up this morning from just under a 1/4 tank for less than $20....haven't done that in years.  Just wish that the price of fuel at the docks next year would go down as well.  Gas at the station uptown 10% ethanol is right at 2.29 right now  and dropping a little just about every week.   Fuel at the docks ran right around $4.50 most of the summer....july 4th being the exception at $4.89.

Petoskey ,just dropped today to $2.55 . Last year at the dock corn free was $6.50 . I carried from a corn free station about  12  miles away  last season ( 20 gallons @ a time )  from $4.29 - $4.89 

We're at $2.29. South Carolina is always lower, down around a couple bucks right now.

Filled up $2.19 a gallon for regular (cash price) at a station near my son's house in Plymouth, Michigan today.

A week ago I paid $2.15. Since then the price has dropped to just over the $2.00 mark. Remember the marina gas is LAST YEARS It'll be high priced and OLD.

The marina where I keep ours ,uses up their tank before they close for the season .

I don't buy there any way . I carry 20 gallons at a time and save $2.00- $2.50 a gallon over their price .

I have posted this before ,here is a sort-able list of corn free stations .

http://pure-gas.org/index.jsp?stateprov=MI

Truck had about a quarter tank and only took $35 this morning. With fuel this cheap I might be able to justify driving that tank I always wanted to my wife.

The price of a barrel of crude is less than half of what it was last season . The price at the pump has not  gone down at the same rate .

However , I saw today in town  that the price of E 85 was the same as regular .Perhaps there is hope .Real Gas and lower Beef Prices .
Just a thought - cows aren't designed to eat corn. They are custom engineered to eat grass.

I think everyone knew what I meant ,No Corn in my gas .

Either way ,Cheaper Shine 

$2.29 today. 7 cent drop from yesterday.

At this pace, the marina will be paying me to fill my boat next summer! Ha ha ha. I'm sure they'll figure out a way to charge $5 per gallon.

Keep Prices Down !!

The reality of higher costs this summer is possible

[SIZE=17.7777786254883px]Lower prices have people purchasing the large vehicles again, increasing drive time and planning those long gone vacations[/SIZE]

[SIZE=17.7777786254883px]I hope we can have one summer of enjoyment that allows the new generation to enjoy what we took for granted years ago.[/SIZE]

Tok39Standard.jpg

Do you remember when ?

main%20picture.jpg

Dropped another 7 cents today.  $2.22.

WOW kaydano, best around Albany, NY is about $2.75 for unleaded ethanol

40 cents a gallon difference between Up state -Down state Michigan $2.55-$2.15 ( Gas Buddy ) 

It was 2.22 here yesterday. I'm guessing it will be 2.19 for the weekend

$2.19 at our local gas station this morning.  We live on the Cumberland Plateau in TN.  Hope the prices stay down through next summer.

Got mine yesterday @ $2.07 and still going down. Next week should be below the $2.00 mark

Back