GPS Upgrade

I was poking fun at you, old buddy, not the Garmin!

Not a problem .

But if any one else is interested on the difference ,here is what Garmin emailed on the difference's 

I called earlier  to verify ."Before " I bought .

From Gamin

"The echoMap 53dv will display the Upper Midwest Fishing Guide.  The echoMap 53dv will have the Garmin LakeVu HD mapping preloaded.  The detail should be similar to your current mapping in most cases.  The LakeVu HD Ultra has the same map detail plus additional features not found on Upper Midwest Fishing Guide or LakeVu HD."

Last edited by a moderator:
Not a problem .

But if any one else is interested on the difference ,here is what Garmin emailed on the difference's 

I called earlier  to verify ."Before " I bought .

From Gamin

"The echoMap 53dv will display the Upper Midwest Fishing Guide.  The echoMap 53dv will have the Garmin LakeVu HD mapping preloaded.  The detail should be similar to your current mapping in most cases.  The LakeVu HD Ultra has the same map detail plus additional features not found on Upper Midwest Fishing Guide or LakeVu HD."
I hate answers like that, what are the "additional features"

LakeVü™ HD
  • HD (1' Contours)
  • Shallow Water Shading
  • Depth Range Shading for up to 10 ranges

LakeVü™ HD Ultra
  • HD (1' Contours)
  • Shallow Water Shading
  • Dynamic Lake Level
  • Depth Range Shading for up to 10 ranges
  • Auto Guidance
  • 3-D MarinerEye and FishEye Views
  • Satellite Imagery
  • High Resolution Relief Shading

I mainly grabbed the 53DV to upgrade my 100 so I have the color and downview. I want to see the bottom of our lake as it's a flooded valley town (Marburg). Here's some pics prior to filling looking toward the dam.

133837008.804uWzop.jpg
133837462.SsCLh3ha.jpg

Did they move the buildings or leave them. We have the same here on Lake Norman with stuff under water.

Same here at Sacandaga, some moved, some burnt some underwater

Not sure, but I'm thinking left them. I'll find out next month once I get on the water and get the Garmin hooked up. It will be interesting to see what all is down there.

Mine is "supposed" to be here Monday ,chip on Tuesday .

We have a lot of logs ,DNR wont let anyone remove them .

Yeah, gotta watch the shoreline on our lake. They drop the trees into the water on the edges of the banks to create fish habitats. When waters high, it's easy to miss them till you hear the scraping or the prop chatter .....

I remember a show on TV a few years ago about " underwater logging ". I guess they are very well preserved under water and worth a fortune .

There are a Lot of those preserved logs  in the channel below 

My  dealer does a lot of prop repairs from inexperienced boaters going through  the channel going from Crooked to Pickerel Lake .

map.gif

Mine arrived today also.Chip Tuesday

Back