Is summer over in Mi?

Time to fire up the furnace!!!

Yeah, furnace at night and a/c during the day .... Lol !!!

Time to fire up the furnace!!!
Nope ,furnace doesn't come on until October 15th ( hoping for November 1st ) goes off  May 1st ( hoping for April 15th ) 

Whats Air Conditioning ?

We live in the woods .Stays cooler in the summer and a touch warmer in the winter .

When we had directv installed, I stopped counting trees on our lot @130 .Had to take out about 35 to get a signal .

They also make some very good Maple Syrup .( after Super Bowl before Baseball ,hobby ) 

I love homemade syrup. If you have a surplus please send to ......Just kidding.

Normally we do have a surplus ,the past two years have been terrible .

I was going to take mine out next Monday . However 70's & sunny in Petoskey ,T-W-T .( if they aren't lying again) .

It can wait another week .

I still have the jet ski out on the lift. I'm hoping to take a couple laps tomorrow and bring it in for the winter. Hopefully 2014 isn't cold and crappy like 2013 was and has been.

Yeah, it was warmer today than most of the summer ??????

90 here today. They have been letting the lake down for about three weeks now but still plenty of boating left.

Put in the work order to pull mine out yesterday .

Winter is officially coming. I'll be  optimistic and state the faster winter gets here, the faster spring will be behind it!

Boy! You guys gotta move.   SOUTH!   B)

That is still something we are thinking about ,still waiting for the right opportunity. New home also requires a new boat  :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Boy! You guys gotta move.   SOUTH!   B)
I've been looking. I'm an outside property claims adjuster so once people get into these roles they stick around for a while, thus few openings in a wide spread field. (Work from home, company car)

We were on a New Orleans to Mexico cruise this last week--bobbing around the Gulf in 65 mph Tropical Storm Karen for 36 hours going nowhere.  Our tablemates were from Madison, Wisconsin area.

I asked them if they were glad to be getting back to a minor snowstorm with tornadoes.  They couldn't believe it.

The Mid South this week has pretty good great weather.  I was out at the lake house this afternoon, and it was a great day to work around the place.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, tomorrow's the day.

Gotta drop off the spare key, and the check, for the dealer to pull it, then it's off to it's long winter nap in the storage building with all it's brothers and sisters  ........ :(

Bummer. Hopefully we have an early spring and you two will be reunited soon! It looks like you've been getting rain so did you take it out one last time?

Dealer won't pull till at least next week. He knows to wait till last possible second for us so we can be first out in Spring !!! Sucks dropping $800 in fall just to wait till spring ......

We might get out this weekend. It's still pouring !!!!! We got 6-8 inches of rain since last night. I think we had 6 inches the whole year so far. So many roads are closed due to flooding. Saw one car at the one creek up to its roof in water. I guess the idiots tried to drive across when it was lower and stalled it. I guess that'll teach em. I wouldn't have tried it in my Jeep, let alone a car !!!!

The village idiot didn't make it across huh? Those are the same people that drive until their rotors are ground down to nothing, never change their oil, you know the kind. Some people just lack common sense and a basic understanding of life.

Back