Is summer over in Mi?

lakeliving

Reaction score
Don't throw rocks at me but it feels like fall out there. I even started looking at old threads to search up on winterizing the boat last night.

Don't give up yet, it is not any better in Mn. But the good news is there talking 80s and sunny again.

Last edited by a moderator:
We had a beautiful Saturday on the lake. 100% sunshine in the high 70's. Sunday morning woke up to Sunshine and 58. This weekend is sunshine and 80's. It had been since June 6th since we had been on the lake. Now we get 3 weekends in a row. Last weekend with my inlaws, this weekend with my folks, next weekend with daughter/soninlaw for the raftup.

It feels like a Derrick summer!

I agree.....crappy as heck spring and summer in Michigan this year. Just happened to time it perfectly 2 weeks ago when I took the Bennington up to Higgins and Torch Lake....those days where it was in the 90's. Thank God we didn't do it this past week and weekend. The summers are short enough as they are.....summers like this just makes it depressing.

It's been crappy here too, if it isn't raining or having a tornado warning. Funny, a buddy was talking asking if I was excited for the weekend, supposed to be 22-24 (71-75F) I was just stunned. This is how crappy this summer has been, we are excited about 24C. Makes me not feel so bad that the boat is just sitting in the driveway. Hopefully we get it out on the water before it turns hard!

I am afraid the extended forecast in Michigan is not so hot... (get it? I crack myself up...). Looks like colder than average temperatures and possibly higher than average rainfall for the next few weeks, which just about takes us to the end of summer!!! I have been out on the boat 23 times this spring/summer... A decent summer for me is 25- 30 times, so we got a ways to go yet. Last summer was really nice and I was out on the boat 35+ times. We have only had a couple of weeks of weather where you actually were so hot you needed to jump in the water, and we should have had many more than that by August. I don't know what the statistics are on rainfall, but I have only run the lawn sprinklers about 5 times this spring/summer, and that is just a ridiculously low number for being at August 1st. Too much rain!! I hope we get some better weather soon, or maybe an Indian Summer in September, but it is not looking good. Still, I love every minute I can get on my Benny!!

In Northern Michigan ,we have two seasons . Fourth of July and winter .

My wife said she heard on the radio we are suppose to have a colder winter than average too. We took the boat out tonight but weren't out long as she got cold. Actually when we were out there it got me thinking why heated seats are not an option.

My wife said she heard on the radio we are suppose to have a colder winter than average too. We took the boat out tonight but weren't out long as she got cold. Actually when we were out there it got me thinking why heated seats are not an option.
We actually had a heated seat and an under dash heater with a hose in our Malibu. It's something you really never wanted to have to use, but on those glass smooth cold slalom mornings it was hard to resist.

Ask the penguin that just waddled by! LOL! :D

My wife heard the same thing about an "early and cold winter "

During June we were using a tank of gas every 7-10 days .

We only got out 4-5 times in July because of the cold or rain .

Tuesday we left the house it was sunny ,get to the marina 7 miles away. Start uncovering and here comes the rain .Not even in the forecast .

If I could get a job where you are wrong more than 50% of the time and the boss doesn't care . I would go back to work .

This year SUCKS !!! Rain again tomorrow. It's FREEKIN sunny ALL WEEK LONG till the weekend ?????? I'm hoping we have a late summer ...... Oh well .... It is what it is ......

At least today was nice, rode the Trek 41 miles on the rail trail. My knee is not happy !!!!!

So far the forecasters ( who are wrong more than 50% of the time ) are calling for 73 & Sunny on Saturday . I am in .

Update ,rain ,never got out .

78 and sunny here tomorrow. Taking the boat and in laws to another lake. Hopefully it gets into the 80's or at least stays dry!

Finally got out yesterday, just the 5th time since the first of July ,more rain forecast for Tuesday & Wednesday . :angry:

I got out for one lap around the lake and hit by best speed of 36. Wind at my back, full tank of gas and just me. I was super happy with that! I have a friend coming over to fish later so hopefully the rain holds off

Wow 36 Lakeliving I would also be happy with that. 28 is the top I hit

U guys don't know how good u got it .... 11.5 mph here ..... Lol !!!!

Seems my top end with 2 adults on my 2250 RCL with a 90hp Yamaha is 20mph.

Back