My boating season is over but it's ok

Willb

Reaction score
My 8 year old decided to play tackle football this year. Game day Practices on Saturdays, games Sunday.

Had our first game today against the best team in our league. They looked like monsters compared to our kids.

2 plays in, My little guy blows his assignment and allowed a long score. Nothing worse then a deflated and sad 3rd grader. I did my best Dr. Phil to stop the tears.

I couldn't be more proud. He and the rest of team sucked it and the defense didn't allow another yard the rest of the game.

We lost in sudden death. But with only 2 weeks of practice, 90's high humidity, and bigger opponent, they played their hearts out.

If they keep that effort up- we will see them in the playoffs in a couple months.

Will..............all you can ask is for the kids to do their Best! Learning the game and sportsmanship is the biggest thing right now at 8 yrs. old...........

My boating season might be over at this point too..............My wife had major surgery on July 30th and we haven't been on the boat at all in August. Her recovery has been a bit longer than we thought. We had gone just about every week since spring so we had a good year even if we don't go out again.............

Thanks Willb appreciate that............

Same here Daril. Hope she gets better soon, and maybe you'll get out a time or two before winter. Some fresh air and smiles on the boat are prescribed by Dr Kaydano!

By the way, great story Will. Let us know how things go this season!

Thanks Dr. Kaydano......

Hey Willb,

Sounds like you have a great little guy there. AHHHHH, the lessons of life!!!!!!!  Enjoy the time with him, it will be gone all to soon. Keep us informed on the season for them.

Hey BigKahuna,

Thoughts and prayers for your better half, hope all goes well and your back on the lake soon.

Marc

Thanks Marc...........

Daril, Sorry to hear about Diane.  Prayers that things go well.

Daril, grab some boatfood, turn the heat up in the house, turn all the water on in the house and get some "tranquil sounds of the outdoors" cd and have diner in the living room. Just for good measure have your neighbor go screaming by in his 700 hp GTO with the stereo blasting at 146 dB. ;) ok maybe keep it more in trying to mimic the outdoors at home by keeping the good stuff. Your company is all she needs, the surroundings just enhance you.

Sorry to hear about the short season. Here is to a speedy recovery for your wife daril. And Will, he will get better. It takes time!

Thank you gentlemen............I've been her "nurse" for almost a month now and she's killing me! Ha! I'll need a vacation when she recovers in another few weeks. She'll be as good as new..........

Is there a PADS for wives?!? Derrick? LOL!

Willb  -  It's great that you are willing to give up your boating to support your son's football season.  Little things like that will go a long way toward building a great relationship with him as he gets older.

Daril -   Sorry to hear about Diane's surgery.  Hope she recovers quickly!

Here are a couple of pics to cheer her up

100_3819_zps63bc5a1e.jpg

100_3820_zps4fbca9f4.jpg

100_3830.jpg

Love the water volleyball court :)

Will, life lessons are best learned when young. Being first is not what's it's all about, trying is the key.

Hoping for a quick recovery for your wife Daril !!

I try to instill the theory with my team at work.

If you never try, you will never fail, but you also will NEVER succeed.

Thanks Dan, Link, and Semp........she's getting better every day......

Link ......that is one of 2 volleyball area sand bars on Lake Anna. Get's crowded on the weekend but as you can see.......we had it all to ourselves during the week. Those pics were taken during the PDB forum Blast we had a couple years ago......Carl, Suzie, Dan, Denise, Larry, Gerry, and Randy all rented a house for a few days.......We all had a great time!!!

Thank you gentlemen............I've been her "nurse" for almost a month now and she's killing me! Ha! I'll need a vacation when she recovers in another few weeks. She'll be as good as new..........

Is there a PADS for wives?!? Derrick? LOL!
Haha, there is, but it is A LOT more expensive than the boat version!!! 

We just received notice boats need to be pulled on our lake by October 5th. They are drawing the water down earlier and faster than normal this year to allow for needed dam repairs before winter. Damn!

Back