My Weekend Project

I think yellow will look good. Does restore come in a reflective yellow that would be good for night.

Yellow(1).jpg

The only product that would give me color are the fluorescent paints, like Jack said

Rustoleum has a glow in the dark but it is green and needs plenty of sunlight to glow during the night

Last edited by a moderator:
I painted my dock at our old place a color called something like "federal safety yellow". It was quite visible and we did like it.

I had planed on using this last year never got to around to it .

Still plan on it this year ,weather & boat permitting .

Not yet Jack 

That is a concern for me as well 

I prefer all shoes off on boat 

The other concern is the sun making it hot

I have a hose for the dock so I will spray if it becomes hot

next are the new cleats for boat, lights and bumper cushions around perimeter

I am sure due to the grim weather forecast it will be delayed

I think yellow will look good. Does restore come in a reflective yellow that would be good for night.
Last year when I was checking into the "restore " our local store had a base color and it was tinted to order .

Not sure if they would have the reflective  ,and would the chemical composition of the restore allow it to be reflective .

Very Good question .

Damn, that's blue.

LOL LOL LOL

Just a bit 

We are thinking should we add a fluorescent Yellow to the sides as 

a subtle companion to the Blue

Chris wasn't it you who said go Bright Blue ? lol lol

Wish I had a dock. Blue looks good to me.  :D

Thank you Chris 

I am feeling better about our color choice now for sure

There is no question it is different (lol) but we wanted it to stick out from the crowd

The yellow will really give it a bounce as well on the sides

Lighting it at night with a spotlight should give it the attention it needs 

Wish the boat was red or yellow but we had to do the dark blue 

Was told red was not an option as a build.

I am sure we will get use to the blue pontoon in time 

Don't worry about the blue, it looks great and has a little metallic to it so it really looks great in the sun.

Here's hoping 

Andy I just can't get use to the idea of buying something so costly sight unseen

No test drive , and a dealer who just acted like this is all we have ???

But as you say we are hoping on May 1st we will be completely happy with everything

Staying optimistic  :)

Here's hoping 

Andy I just can't get use to the idea of buying something so costly sight unseen

No test drive , and a dealer who just acted like this is all we have ???

But as you say we are hoping on May 1st we will be completely happy with everything

Staying optimistic  :)
Dont feel bad you are not the only one that bought site unseen .

I am sure besides me ( and you )  there are others also .

I had been trying to compare it  to buying a new car, and you cant do that either .

That is so true 

I can't compare it to anything

It is very unusual and I think people don't buy as many as they would if the situation was different.

Would be nice if it was like buying a car

Some dealers during the season are like car lots

They are on large lakes or rivers and sell from their inventory

I am sure all will be good  :D

Too much rain to work on dock today and cold tomorrow 

High like 43 low 24

I went from bronze last year to blue this year, I liked the blue better last year but was concerned about the water spots and potential scratches would show more, I so went with bronze. But on this one decided to go with the blue with taupe canvas. I know it will look great.    But I think all Bennys do anyway.  B)

Ha ha ha ha.  Oh man.  I was skimming posts quickly backwards up from here (I normally go to the end, then read backwards until I get to the posts I've already read before).  I thought you guys were talking about painting your Bennington and not a dock!!!  I hadn't read anything on this page before since it was all posted today.  I guess both conversations were mixed in, which probably is what got me side tracked.  But man, I thought you guys were nuts when I heard you were painting the side of your boat flourescent yellow, then when I scrolled up and saw that blue paint sample, I was thinking WTF????  You painted your Bennington with that???  At one point I was thinking maybe you painted the vinyl floor of your Bennington with it (where you were talking about it being hot on the feet)!!!  Even after I finally saw the picture of the painted dock, I was just thinking you must have had extra paint left over so you painted your dock too!  Maybe this is only funny to me, but I was really thinking "what the hell is wrong with you guys?"  Ha ha ha.

Even when clrd said "I wish I had a dock.  Blue looks good to me" I thought he was talking about two diffferent things.  I thought to myself, yeah, I wish I had a dock too.  I had no idea he was talking about a blue dock.  Hhahahahahah.

Back