Oh the PADs...

Perhaps trade-in is not off the table. My dealer is highly motivated to move a brand new 2013 2275 GCW. It has ESP, in floor storage and a Yamaha F200. Going to go take a look at what other goodies it has this afternoon. He says MSRP is 76k and they have it listed just over 50k right now. Apparently he feels it would be much easier to sell my boat in our market than the G he has been sitting on. Thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:
Do it !!!! If it meets your needs and budget don't wait and later say "what if". Can you use existing trailer?

It would come on a new trailer and they would take my trailer as part of the trade-in. This is all sounding very tempting…

Go check it out.  

Go for it!  If you order new you have two years of price increases vs the 2013 and he's at a great price on the 2013.  Plus, you'll avoid the hassle of having to sell your boat on your own.  Really helps that the new boat has the three big options you wanted, F200, tri toon, and in floor storage

Going to be a nice fall trip for you in that beast

I'd hold off until later... NOT!

Drop the hammer and make it happen Captain!

I double dog dare you to get it ..............  :p

I double dog dare you to get it ..............  :p
Well how can I say no now?! 

Just got back from hiking in some brutally hot temperatures that sure made the idea of boating sound nice. I'm up to something like 105 hikes done out of 120 I have contracted this year. Between climbing up the hill and trying not to get heat stroke, I couldn't stop thinking of how nice it would be to wrap those up this month and spend most of August and September out on the water in that GCW. Mmmmmm.... Heading to the dealer in about an hour to check it out. I'll post some pics a bit later. 

Now where the heck did I put that new member sign up sheet????? Jack do you have it? Or did we leave it at Andy's house after the last meeting?? Hehe, you know my opinion! 

Now where the heck did I put that new member sign up sheet????? Jack do you have it? Or did we leave it at Andy's house after the last meeting?? Hehe, you know my opinion!
I'm guessing it's at YOUR DEALER !!! Lol !!!!

I may have it ,my wife just crossed my name off the top .

I was told no new boats until we move . ( on a lake ) 

Just got back from checking it out. It's nice. Real nice. Biggest complaint was that it lacks the 'L' shaped seat adjacent to the driver, but in looking over floor plans, there aren't really any that we like that does have that. Aside from color, it's decked out about perfectly, and the champagne was really growing on me. 

Here's what it has:

ESP

F200

Seastar Hydraulic Steering

Elevated Helm

Seagrass aft

Sharkhide

Dual battery with switch

50 gal tank

rough water package

46" ski pylon

blue ice led lights

lighted speakers and cupholders

echo 100 (really?)

Pillow top upgraded upholstery

chrome logos

in-floor storage (HUGE!!!!)

dock lights in stainless housing

MSRP on the boat was ~66k, then another $10k for trailer, freight and prep adding up to the dealers $76k MSRP number.

What else does a guy really need?? Besides maybe a different color. But by the time I left, I think I was sold on that too. Hmmm...

IMG_0909.JPG

IMG_0898.JPG

IMG_0895.JPG

IMG_0915.JPG

Are you talking about seating like mine? If you are... Might be something they can add. It's just a few screws. Could take awhile to get it but let me tell ya, it's worth it. Besides the captains chair, it's the most fought after seat on my boat.

Pretty sure that chair would be interchangeable for the L section on a 2275. That's what ours is.

$50k for an ESP equipped like that one, on a trailer, is an absolute steal.

Tick, tick, tick... and the PADS hammer strikes again!

I think it has the same seat as yours, Jared. I didn't take a great photo of it, but this pretty much shows it:

IMG_0890.JPG

Is that the one everyone loves on your boat? I noticed it looks like your seat goes all the way up to the bow seats. Is that a removable section in front of your port door? Like a bow gate seat but on the side?

This is the coveted 'L' seat on my 22 SSX. I realize it's not possible with a center walkway layout, but none of the other layouts that have it appeal to me much, so I might get used to the other one. 

bowns-canyon-3.jpg

That is the v6 200, not the  4 cylinder 200. Might want to contrast the fuel economy between the two. And Jack, I feel so sorry that you are stuck with an R series with the sport arch until you get on a lake!! As for the PAD member sign in, I think Chris (clrd) has it now!

Whoa. Good catch, Andy. It is indeed an F200XA. I assume that's basically the same as the current F200XB? Crazy differences on the performance bulletins. I would assume for lost efficiency and an extra couple of cylinders, it would have more power. Here's what it shows:

F200XB, ESP, 2375 GCW

Efficient speed: 17.5mph @3000rpm 4.49mpg

Top speed: 40mph @5800rpm 2.17mpg

http://www.yamahaoutboards.com/sites/default/files/bulletins/BNT_2375GCW_F200XB_2013-05-09_PNT_2.pdf

F200LB, Twin Elliptical, 2250 GSR

Efficient speed: 23.5mph @3500rpm 4.27mpg

Top speed: 45.6mph @5850rpm 2.45mpg

http://www.yamahaoutboards.com/sites/default/files/bulletins/BNT_2250GSR_F200LB_2013-05-07_BNT_0.pdf

So the point of a V6 is????

The v6 will have some more grunt/torque. I have the I4 200 and it gets going when you hit the throttle. It has been enough to blow a ball cap off a friends head during acceleration, and we also lost a plastic cup after it got sucked out of the cup holder. Maybe that would be a good thread topic, what has flown out of your boat!! I almost lost our stern cupholder for the double lounge too! Somehow it managed to fall and stay on the small deck area in the aft. That would have been a $100+ lap around the lake!

I think you would love that boat with the ESP and 200.

The v6 will have some more grunt/torque. I have the I4 200 and it gets going when you hit the throttle. It has been enough to blow a ball cap off a friends head during acceleration, and we also lost a plastic cup after it got sucked out of the cup holder. Maybe that would be a good thread topic, what has flown out of your boat!! I almost lost our stern cupholder for the double lounge too! Somehow it managed to fall and stay on the small deck area in the aft. That would have been a $100+ lap around the lake!

I think you would love that boat with the ESP and 200.
My lab sometimes slides from the front of the boat to the back on the Seagrass which can be a bit slippery. He thinks it's a hoot, looking at me like "let's do that again!".

Back