Options for blank helm plate

Johno1332

Reaction score
Is there anything that can go here on this blank plate? I’m hoping I could use the glovebox from the LX model and move the o power outlets inside. I know this where the RGB controller usually goes be we did not order that option.

Attachments

• FD8F4580-17AE-4EBC-9870-1EEE62BB6E89.jpeg
    FD8F4580-17AE-4EBC-9870-1EEE62BB6E89.jpeg
    131 KB · Views: 32

FeelingMinnesota

Reaction score
Half joking...I have the same helm and have looked for after-market glove boxes or similar and didn't see anything I like that I would be willing to cut in. I have looked into another simrad because they network through NMEA2k and can share some data. They will not share maps or sonar but both would have their own maps so basically the same. The advantage I see would be having one dedicated more to maps / sonar and the other for gauges / engine data.

Mozekian

Reaction score
Half joking...I have the same helm and have looked for after-market glove boxes or similar and didn't see anything I like that I would be willing to cut in. I have looked into another simrad because they network through NMEA2k and can share some data. They will not share maps or sonar but both would have their own maps so basically the same. The advantage I see would be having one dedicated more to maps / sonar and the other for gauges / engine data.
I would actually love this option. Have the Yamaha engine parameters up on the main and the nav map with depths on the lower console.

FeelingMinnesota

Reaction score
I would actually love this option. Have the Yamaha engine parameters up on the main and the nav map with depths on the lower console.
My understanding is that the engine data can be seen on any networked device through the NMEA2k backbone but the transducer has to be pugged in direct to the unit (not 100% sure on plugging in) or at least used on one unit at a time. I could be wrong but most discussion on this for the GO series points to shared data being limited in the way of radar and sonar. Digital depth and waypoints would still be shared.

BigKahuna

Reaction score
Glove box/storage area sounds good. How about a charging area for phones/bluetooth devices? Thinking outside the box.....
Rear view camera to see behind you or skiiers/wakeboarders/tubers?!?