Privacy curtain installation

Rgadams

Reaction score
I have purchased a privacy curtain from Bennington. first and foremost I don’t think it would cut into your profit margins to include an instruction sheet on how to install.
How or where can I find instructions for the installation

I have purchased a privacy curtain from Bennington. first and foremost I don’t think it would cut into your profit margins to include an instruction sheet on how to install.
Welcome to the forum. Is this for a new to you Bennington? If so, congratulations! Maybe share some pictures or details, as we all enjoy checking out the boats.

As for your question, have you inquired with the Bennington dealer you purchased it through? The privacy curtain instructions and location will be slightly different between certain boat layouts.

My guess is since Bennington is dealer direct, instead of consumer direct, any directions or guides go electronically to dealers and that Bennington relies on the dealers being Bennington certified to do the work.

If you are installing yourself, I would personally first see if your Bennington dealer has any guides/instructions for doing this job on your model and layout. If they do not, since you presumably had to order the privacy curtain through them, ask them to secure one from Bennington.

On the flip side, if you share your boat details here: model and layout in particular, there might be a member with a similar set up that has done this same job that can provide insight, guidance or perhaps even a copy of their instructions.

Best of luck to you. Happy boating!

Honestly it's not rocket science either. Go to your dealer and take a look at one in person - just bolt the frame to the underside of the seat and you're done. Snaps are all self-explanatory as well. If it comes with the right hardware you're golden.

Most likely dealer will not have one to see. Mine is not bolted to underside of seat. The good advice was share boat details and maybe someone will have that setup. The other good advice was ask for dealer help, since they sold it.

1. Did you contact Bennington and ask?
2. If 1 is no, did you ask dealer?
3. If 2 is no, start with 1 then 2 and if no help, come back here with info on boat model and someone may be able to guide you.

It’s usually not common courtesy for your first post to be a negative comment about Bennington. It’s nice to introduce yourself, tell us a little about the boat, then ask a question.

I customized my privacy curtain, opting out of the provided swing arm that took up too much storage space (I think I provided full details on a prior post). The suggestions above are solid - find some examples to look at. But note: I suggest installing any bottom snaps first, this will dictate the proper height of the curtain and therefore the support arms for the curtain. Here are a few pictures I have for my SB. On the first picture you can see the bottom snaps. Still can't find the picture I have with the curtain setup.... My Best!

Attachments

• 2021-07-05 18.27.22.jpg
    2021-07-05 18.27.22.jpg
    171.7 KB · Views: 56
  • 2021-04-11 13.57.24 Privacy.jpg
    2021-04-11 13.57.24 Privacy.jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 59
  • 2021-04-11 13.18.13 Privacy.jpg
    2021-04-11 13.18.13 Privacy.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 56
  • Swing Back Privacy Curtain Custom.jpg
    Swing Back Privacy Curtain Custom.jpg
    190.5 KB · Views: 58
  • Swing Back Privacy Curtain Original.jpg
    Swing Back Privacy Curtain Original.jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 59
"But note: I suggest installing any bottom snaps first, this will dictate the proper height of the curtain and therefore the support arms for the curtain"
That one statement is the genius move--great thinking.

Back