Registration Colors & Letter Placement Ideas

ILLINOIS AVE

Reaction score
We did the same area as SEMPERFI but just stuck the vinyl to the skirt. They've only been on for a year (three months up here;)). I can't say anything about durability but know a guy with a print shop so vinyl lettering is cheap. View attachment 28876
That's a first for me. Snow on a Bennington!

Vikingstaff

Reaction score
To echo someone else above, check with your state/province about any requirements as to where you put them. In Michigan for example, putting them on the skirt area would be a violation as they need to be higher up.

Michigan Registration Placement

Some areas are very specific, others not so much. Check before placing them anywhere.

DiamondDave952

Reaction score
I don't know how you guys make it up there, it's going down to the twenties tonight with the chance of freezing rain and it's the only thing the news can talk about, no bread or milk at the store, everyone in a panic.
Can you still get toilet paper???

FeelingMinnesota

Reaction score
To echo someone else above, check with your state/province about any requirements as to where you put them. In Michigan for example, putting them on the skirt area would be a violation as they need to be higher up.

Michigan Registration Placement

Some areas are very specific, others not so much. Check before placing them anywhere.
I see what you're saying Vikingstaff. I just checked Michigan wording out of curiosity and MN doesn't have the "as high above the water line as possible" like MI. I have seen the game warden on the lake and haven't been stopped...doesn't mean I wont be. MN regs for reference starting on page 11

Vikingstaff

Reaction score
I see what you're saying Vikingstaff. I just checked Michigan wording out of curiosity and MN doesn't have the "as high above the water line as possible" like MI. I have seen the game warden on the lake and haven't been stopped...doesn't mean I wont be. MN regs for reference starting on page 11
Nice! Looks like you have more flexibility. It’s always interesting how much little things vary from state to state.

DaveyJ

Reaction score
Nice! Looks like you have more flexibility. It’s always interesting how much little things vary from state to state.
It’s surprising MInnesota allows any flexibility as the state tends to over regulate pretty much everything.

DiamondDave952

Reaction score
Here is my location, in MN obviously...View attachment 28879
Thanks for sharing where you placed your registration numbers/letters. Would you know the tube diameter of the ski tow bar? I want to buy a flag pole holder that would mount on the ski tow bar but I am not sure what the diameter is. My new pontoon is shrink wrapped and stored by the dealer until Spring.

JandKE

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing where you placed your registration numbers/letters. Would you know the tube diameter of the ski tow bar? I want to buy a flag pole holder that would mount on the ski tow bar but I am not sure what the diameter is. My new pontoon is shrink wrapped and stored by the dealer until Spring.
My pontoon is in storage also and inaccessible. I checked my build invoice and it doesn't specify the diameter of the tube. Sorry I can't help...maybe if you call your dealer they could tell you?

SEMPERFI8387

Reaction score
Don’t forget, if you have a Cricut machine, you don’t have to pay for any lettering to be made, other than machine and vinyl ... ;)
I bought machine, selection of vinyl and tools on Amazon.
I bought one just to make decals for my boat and vehicles. I’ve actually made a couple bucks making stuff for some friends too.