Surgery on 04/14/2014

cwag911

Reaction score
I won't be on here for about 4 days due to surgery sceduled for Monday. They're taking a small piece of my right lung (center lobe). They (VA) have been watching a small spot for a couple of years since I had pneumonia and it hasn't gone away, so hence the surgery. No wifi in a government hospital so I'll be off from Monday till hopefully Thursday.

Last edited by a moderator:
Take care cwag!  We'll talk to you in a few days.

Best wishes Carl! We'll try our best to behave while you're out.

cwag911....Hope everything turns out ok and best of luck.

I'll keep you in my prayers Carl. Looking forward to seeing you back on here as soon as possible and feeling better.

Carl, you take care and mend quickly. (Maybe someone can sneak a tablet or a cell phone to you). I teather my ipad to my phone when I can't get wifi.

Get well soon!

Best of luck Carl!! Oh, and for the sake of everyone else in there, please remember to put on the robe as well, no one needs to see your backside!! Hehe, take care bud!

Derrick - You kill me man.  You kill me.

Carl - You act like it's no big deal.  They're just removing some of my lung on Monday....  But I'll be back Thursday....  Wow...  That sounds like a big deal to me!

I sincerely hope all goes well, and I'll (we'll all) be thinking about you.  See if you can't get word to us sooner if possible.

Oh, and by the way, if you need us to come buff out that scar and sharkhide it for you, just let us know.

I just thought of a way to pass the time! Grab one of the new Bennington brochures and do mental boat builds for a few days!! You know the PAD's motto, "It's never too soon to be thinking of your next boat!" hehe

Sure.  Why not.  He'll be in a hospital.  Might as well try to get the PADS fixed while he's there...  Kinda like a two for one type deal.

Good luck Carl. Get well quick !!

Best of luck Carl.  Prayers for a quick recovery.

Thanks guys, I didn't think about the phone, and I'll have that. Derrick, the pre-op nurse said to bring loose fitting clothes so I'll have sweats to wear, I won't scare anyone.    :D

Thanks guys, I didn't think about the phone, and I'll have that. Derrick, the pre-op nurse said to bring loose fitting clothes so I'll have sweats to wear, I won't scare anyone.    :D
Hehe, well that's good! And don't take it the wrong way Carl, pretty sure I wouldn't want to see ANYONE'S gown blowing in the wind, unless Megan Fox is wandering around there!!! Haha 

Here's to a fast recovery, Carl. Get back here soon.

Get well soon. Are you going to Asheville or Columbia? I go to Asheville and you can't find a better place to get well. Wish you luck. Hope to see you on the water soon.

Best wishes Carl, hope you have a speedy recovery.

Back