The Bennington Is On Its Way....

Thank you Chris

I am going to remain optimistic

Buying a new Boat Build is the first for me 

It is a process, but I will be patient

Talked with our friend Jack from the forum by phone and feel significantly better

Due to the conversation I modified the posts on my own while waiting to see what next week brings

It can only get better with the weather 

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you Chris

I am going to remain optimistic

Buying a new Boat Build is the first for me 

It is a process, but I will be patient

Talked with our friend Jack from the forum by phone and feel significantly better

Due to the conversation I modified the posts on my own while waiting to see what next week brings

It can only get better with the weather 
Patience is very important... And so is communication with your dealer. Make no assumptions, and have him be specific about everything. If you feel that his word is perhaps less than good have him write all of his promises down on your deal. I also love email and instructed my dealer that it was my chosen form of communication with him. Phone calls are fun, but email is the written word in case discrepancies arise.

My concerns stemmed from the fact that you indicated that your dealer TOLD you that your boat had arrived, had been delivered to his location. Hence your mistake thinking that you could see it. I would definitely resolve that particular piece of mis-communication and then as Jack probably told you, be patient and move forward.

This is my first time ordering a boat, too. I'm seeing how it can go both ways being either a great experience or one that has you muttering that you'll never do it again.

CZ 

DRAT! It's snowing here again. I swear I'm moving someplace warm!   :wacko:

Documentation of your communication is key! The only thing I did not get that I swear I asked for was a spare tire for my trailer and fold away tongue. I was diligent about the boat details but lapsed in my communications for the trailer. My fault, I learned my lesson.

By the time all is said and done

I may have a row boat 

On a bright note 

In the mail today ....

I received a Thank You note from my dealer for purchasing the Yamaha T60

No mention of The Bennington (LOL)

WTH ?

motivator__wth____by_nicktoonssquad-d5fhn44.png

By the time all is said and done

I may have a row boat 

On a bright note 

In the mail today ....

I received a Thank You note from my dealer for purchasing the Yamaha T60

No mention of The Bennington (LOL)

WTH ?
Weren't you still debating on getting the 90 ? And he was going to let you test drive them both ?

Yes he said if the T60 didnt perform to my satisfaction at his lake he would 

place the Yamaha 90 hp on boat as an upgrade and charge the difference

I will be taking the entire family up to have 6 - 8 adults on board during the initial

test drive at dealers lake

If the T60 is too sluggish I will purchase the F90 

I asked if it would delay my pickup of the boat he just said you will love the T60 

So we will see

92486963.jpg

Today is April 6th 2014 and we have the years first boater on the Lake. Though sunny it is still only 49 F at present with the

high later today expected to hit almost 60 F ..... The hardy soul is a fisherman with a 150 hp Yamaha and a bass boat ,,,,

lets hope the temps get into the 70's soon. Just to put things into perspective the low this morning was 29 F. 

Hey P611,

It will all come together for you and when you are on the water in your new Bennington, you will forget about all these little set backs.

Good luck taking delivery and enjoy!!!!

Marc

IRAQ 69

Marc,

I am hoping for the best and in many ways expecting the worse (LOL) 

Here is hoping all works out and it is a summer full of sunshine, happiness and smiles for all

The dealer is a little different from the people in the region and takes things in stride

Reminds me of the old Andy Griffith and Green Acres TV Show at times 

May 1st is right around the corner.

Yamaha_Outboards_39__09878_std.jpg

Yes he said if the T60 didnt perform to my satisfaction at his lake he would 

place the Yamaha 90 hp on boat as an upgrade and charge the difference

I will be taking the entire family up to have 6 - 8 adults on board during the initial

test drive at dealers lake

If the T60 is too sluggish I will purchase the F90 

I asked if it would delay my pickup of the boat he just said you will love the T60 

So we will see

Today is April 6th 2014 and we have the years first boater on the Lake. Though sunny it is still only 49 F at present with the

high later today expected to hit almost 60 F ..... The hardy soul is a fisherman with a 150 hp Yamaha and a bass boat ,,,,

lets hope the temps get into the 70's soon. Just to put things into perspective the low this morning was 29 F. 
When is your test drive scheduled ? Does  he have the 90 in stock if you don't care for the 60 ?

Last year we had a 22 SLX 25 " tubes  with a 90 and a wave shield  .  2 adults,full tank  we got 28.3 ( gps ) . 4 adults the most we got was in the 22-24 range .Never had more than 4 

Jack 

He is so confidant that I am going to be happy with the T60 he avoids my question

When I asked if he keeps 90 hp in stock he said he usually has some laying around

And if not he can always get me one (LOL

I am looking for 15 - 18 mph with 6 - 8 adults, looks like the 90 is needed

The test drive is May 1st same day as my pick up

If the weather improves I am hoping to push the test day and pick up day to April 26th 

thetwilightzonelogo.jpg

Chuck ,where is he getting the 90 for the test drive ?

If he has to order a 90 for you ,how much longer is the wait ?

(  I would wager that is what you will end up with  ) 

Dont let him register that 60 with the state 

Let us know the outcome of your phone calls today .

He claims he can not guarantee a 90 being in stock to test !!!

I just went ahead and upgraded to the Yamaha 4 stroke 90 HP

Thanks to the forum and Yamaha Rep I feel I made the right decision

Thank you Jack you were a true asset through the decision making process

Now I am hoping all goes well and we are in the water by May 1st 

" Tell me and I forget,

teach me and I may remember,

involve me and I learn"

Ben Franklin Aviator, Inventor, Statesman, Postmaster and Publisher

​

My First Mate Is Anxious to be on the water 

YM-90.jpg

The new motor should be in by Friday

Looking forward to taking delivery on everything by May 1st

With purchasing the 90 the only reason to place in dealers lake is to acclimate to boat 

and be comfortable launching and placing pontoon on trailer.

If he delivers the boat here I will be happier to test on my own lake.

If he is willing to deliver to your lake ( and he should ) . I know it is  drive for you, but I would suggest a walk through before taking delivery .

I intend to go over the boat with a fine tooth comb

It is just better safe than sorry 

I may go up when boat is delivered to dealer just to take a close look

I do feel confidant with Bennington's and Yamaha's Product 

My dealer called when mine arrived on the truck ,he told me to wait a few hours .

It was 20 below ,well over a foot of snow and 40 mile an hour wind gusts ,and mine was on the top tier of the truck .

I did go later ,nothing to see as it was and still is wrapped from the factory .

Back