The Bennington Is On Its Way....

The Boat Is At Dealer's Location

I spoke with the Dealer today he has informed me that my Benny 

has arrived and that he is waiting for the Yamaha 4 stroke 90 hp to arrive.

He is confidant that it will be in before the end of next week. I truly said are we 

sure it is my boat and his reply was definitely !!! 

Then I voiced my concerns with bringing it to my Lake, saying that I would prefer 

it be delivered after we place in his lake to give it a test run and become familiar with it.

His reply is that I have no need to worry about hauling it to my lake , there is no chance of flipping it and I 

will do fine !!!!!!!!!!!!! I said I have seen YouTube videos of people flipping pontoons on trailers he

said probably due to high winds or excessive speed. He said for me not to worry about it , that I 

will take my time and arrive here without incident. 

My dealer is delivering mine from almost 2.5 hours away on a Saturday. Don't get all stressed, take your time and enjoy when you get it in the water.

Andy, as you said stressing out or going into a panic is not beneficial to anyone

BUT

I can't help but notice the difference in my dealer compared to everyone else on here

I have been told....

You Can't Get RED

SharkHide is the worse 

Boat is in ... Boat is not IN

40 is good 60 is good 90 hp is good

Don't worry about trailer it will be fine 

You can deliver on your own 

I see a trend here (lol) 

burg2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The good news is when your ready for your next boat you'll have a little more experience with certain dealers!

This guy sounds like an absolute tool, Chuck. I've been reading your messages detailing your dealings with him and I will give you one suggestion. I know that your motor isn't due in for a week but I would go and visit your boat as soon as you can. Have him uncover it so that you can inspect it and give it a good look-over. Use your order as your guide and be sure that this IS the boat that you ordered. Model, options, etc. 

Your dealer should welcome this, he should make it easy for you to see your new boat.

IMy dealer offered right up front to deliver the boat anywhere I wanted, he almost insisted on it. I would think that your guy should do the same. Not try to talk you into yanking it.

Anyway, be wary. I know that I'm usually all moon beams and lolly pops about this part of getting a new boat but you've tripped just about all my mental alarms with your posts.

Thank you Chris,

I am always optimistic 

Unfortunately I see RED flags every time I talk with him

He is just different from people in this region

I have lived all over the US and he is just different from 99% 

I am hoping that I get it here in one piece and that all goes well

I have never seen anyone who could increase a sale turn additional money down !!

It is WEIRD 

dizzy-smiley-emoticon.gif

Your not buying a pack of gum here, this is a big investment. This is not the time to be pushed around, your the boss. I mean how often does one buy a new boat..... :p

I went to the dealer to day ,walked into his office told him I wanted to spend more money .He said " have a seat "

First I told him that I changed mind on motors and wanted a 200 . His jaw dropped ,I had to tell him I was kidding , because they had  just finished hanging the 150 .

But I did notice that on the build site that with my floor plan they now offer Two of the extra wide recliners as an option .I asked him if I could swap the narrow for  a second wide one . He made a call ,and its done deal . I do have to pay the difference .

Great Dealer .

The Boat Is At Dealer's Location

I spoke with the Dealer today he has informed me that my Benny 

has arrived and that he is waiting for the Yamaha 4 stroke 90 hp to arrive.

He is confidant that it will be in before the end of next week. I truly said are we 

sure it is my boat and his reply was definitely !!! 

Then I voiced my concerns with bringing it to my Lake, saying that I would prefer 

it be delivered after we place in his lake to give it a test run and become familiar with it.

His reply is that I have no need to worry about hauling it to my lake , there is no chance of flipping it and I 

will do fine !!!!!!!!!!!!! I said I have seen YouTube videos of people flipping pontoons on trailers he

said probably due to high winds or excessive speed. He said for me not to worry about it , that I 

will take my time and arrive here without incident. 
Chuck ,everything will be fine .Enjoy the delivery .Make your self some notes on what you want to ask and look for during your test run .

Take Pictures ,it is only going to be new  once . :D

Your not buying a pack of gum here, this is a big investment. This is not the time to be pushed around, your the boss. I mean how often does one buy a new boat..... :p
Indeed!   :rolleyes:

I was getting excited thinking you were getting the 200 Jack! Where are the pics with it prepped?

I was getting excited thinking you were getting the 200 Jack! Where are the pics with it prepped?
I didn't know they had done any work yet . I just went to find out about the seat . He told me the were working on it ,and asked if I wanted to take a look ..

They had just finished hanging the motor ,and I did not want to get in their way . They didn't even have the Arch on yet .I may be going back Saturday if my Domed numbers get here .I wasn't  sure what prop he was putting on ,about two weeks ago he asked what I wanted ,I told him  an Enertia ,sure enough ,that's what I got .

Didn't ask the size yet still has to be water tested .

I'm betting you got a 15 x 15.

I know ,I can't wait to try it .

The factory pic's do it no justice .

I don't think I ever had a smile so wide as when I saw it today  . :D

lakeliving

Your not buying a pack of gum here, this is a big investment. This is not the time to be pushed around, your the boss. I mean how often does one buy a new boat.....  :p

you would think but at this stage of the game 

it is get the boat and run

i would not wish this experience on anyone 

having it at my dock in 100% condition is all i want 

lt2.jpg

lakeliving

Your not buying a pack of gum here, this is a big investment. This is not the time to be pushed around, your the boss. I mean how often does one buy a new boat.....  :p

you would think but at this stage of the game 

it is get the boat and run

i would not wish this experience on anyone 

having it at my dock in 100% condition is all i want 
It wont be long now ,Chuck .

I would take Chris's suggestion and go have a look .

If you are like me you will sleep better after you see it in person .

Will do after the Easter Holiday

This weekend is about family but Tuesday a drive up is in order.

With some luck the motor may be in early 

And I will bring Benny home May 1

sailor.jpg

Back