The Bennington Is On Its Way....

Low 50's yesterday with rain late in the afternoon.  After chomping at the bit and missing the lake Kathy and I drove up to the lake and picked up one of our lake neighbors at their house along the way.  Did a pub crawl at 6 of the bars on the lake except on land with me as the driver which was no problem as no drinking for Lent.  Had a great time and now this morning missing the Lake even more

Must have been tough being the DD for an all day adventure. Sure sounds like a good time. That's one thing we don't have on Dale Hollow. The ability to do a Pub Crawl around the lake.

Much more enjoyable doing it on the boat but that definitely was good for now and we had a blast

The Boat and Trailer has been delivered to the dealer

There is an open house at the dealers showroom

No better time to visit see my boat, go over it with a fine tooth comb

Making sure all the options which were discussed are installed

Never bought a new boat before so I have been a bit apprehensive as of late

Will see the boat for the first time this weekend and will post some pics

Keeping optimistic and hopeful  :)

39413638.jpg

Don't forget to sleep!

One thing I recommend you do is TAKE YOUR TIME going over the boat, and take a flashlight.

Congratulations and have fun!

And remember, things CAN BE FIXED !!!! Don't let issues that can be fixed spoil your fun !!!!!

There is always the chance something got missed ...... Remember, ITS JUST A BOAT !!!!

Sit back, relax and ENJOY !!!!

I plan on being there for quite sometime

I am curious if the wrapping will be off the boat

Pickup date due to weather is May1st

My concern is if the boat is not equipped as requested

The dealer may need additional time 

So here's hoping that I am able to see the boat

0511-1009-1319-0462_Black_and_White_Cartoon_of_a_Stressed_Out_Guy_with_the_Word_Overload_clipart_image_1.jpg

LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
Just go and have a good time, bring some snacks and have lunch on the boat.  Maybe your dealer would even allow a beverage to celebrate

Make it fun! If you have a good dealer, and at this point you should know, he'll go out of his way to help your enjoy your time there.

Also, bring your paperwork and a small flashlight. I crawled the complete length of mine under the boat to be sure that the wave shield was attached properly and not mis-aligned. Take some notes and pictures. Touch every surface particularly at seams. Everything should line up, no screws should be anything but straight and proper. Also check to be sure that all of your options made the build. Your dealer should have also done this when he first looked at the boat.

I was really happy after my first inspection. I found one wave-shield plate that obviously needed to be re-positioned and that was it. At that point my dealer offered me a beer and we sat down to plan the rest of the delivery. Very fun and laid back, he was interested in doing nothing but making everything happen the right way. If you were in this area I'd recommend him whole heartedly.

So, now that you've been up all night and are impatiently waiting for the clock to strike "whatever time the dealer opens - o'clock". Enjoy!

CZ

Not A Happy Camper

I guess there was a

miscommunication

trying to be nice and optimistic.

I was told my pontoon and shorelander trailer were both in. 

Friday, Saturday and Sunday are open house days at the dealer.

I gave him a call as soon as he opened saying I will be coming up to see the boat with the family.

Dealership is 100 miles from my lake home a 2 hour drive

His response was that it wasn't there !!!

Could he be using it as a " display model " for his open house ?

My dealer had theirs last week I went twice to make sure mine wasn't being used .I offered ,but he didn't like the discount I wanted for him to use it .

I'd make sure you're talking to the owner at the dealer. We've heard stories of "unimpressionable" sales people on their way out the door.

There are Two reds that are available on the S,G and R models .The Q just has Matador Red .

Myself I would be making a  trip to the dealer today .

Have you built one on the build site ?

When you fill out the information at the bottom of the build ,use the zip code where the dealer is located .He will  receive a copy of your exact build .

I was on phone with the owner when told boat was not in this morning

I was at the dealership only once and that was after I bought the boat at Boat Show

Dealership is 100 miles from my home 

There are no salesman at the dealership 

Two co-owners and I think 2 mechanics

There are two dealers in my area.One was somewhat less in price ,I had to make an appointment to go ,when I did ,they were working out of a Pole Barn .

I chose the other .

I'm sorry to hear about your problems getting delivery to happen.

Has the dealer provided you with any sort of hull ID's for the boat, or perhaps a serial number for your outboard yet?

Having just gone through a portion of this I can describe how my deal went together for you.

At our local boat show I spent three days with the dealer putting together a deal by day, and researching on Bennington's web site and here by night. When I was happy (the third day) we finished an order, signed the papers and I gave him a deposit to build the boat. He told me about his order schedules and we agreed to have the boat built in March delivered at or around early April.

He and I spoke a bit more the following week while he finished my order and submitted it.

After not hearing anything for a month I received an email from him telling me that he had a build week from Bennington for my boat and he would have the all important hull and motor ID numbers for me asap. Well, asap turned out to be the next day because my boat arrived at the end of that week at his marina. This was just over a week ago.

He and I shared another email and I indicated that I would like to inspect the boat on Wednesday this past week and we could finish up our paperwork (he could get paid the rest of the way).

So far my delivery has gone as we (the dealer and I) had discussed. Since our lakes are still covered with ice he has prepared my boat as far as he can, the last bit will happened just before it's first launch. I asked about that and he told me that his tech will take the boat out for it's first hour run with gear connected to the motor and perform whatever Yamaha prescribes for the first hour of break in. After that, we can have the boat for some familiarization and my final detailed inspection.

After we're finished he'll put it on my trailer and deliver it to wherever I would like it delivered. More than likely camp or my regular home.

There you have it. I hope you can get your deal back on-track. Best of luck!

CZ

Back