Vertical Tritons Lift

papajoe74

Reaction score
I just purchased a Craftlander 45120 Tritons lift and need to know if the lifting mechanism has to be at the rear of the lift or can it be in the front of the lift. On want the lifting mechanism/wheel to be on the left front of my lift. But that means most of the weight will be on the other end of the lift. Thoughts

I just purchased a Craftlander 45120 Tritons lift and need to know if the lifting mechanism has to be at the rear of the lift or can it be in the front of the lift. On want the lifting mechanism/wheel to be on the left front of my lift. But that means most of the weight will be on the other end of the lift. Thoughts
I would assume it’s a pulley system and I would also assume it wouldn’t matter where it’s located, BUT, the best person to answer this is the dealer/manufacturer….

Looks like its only one position available from the photos and instructions. “Front” depends on placement at your dock and your toons travel into it.

1649015968362.png

That’s the question. I want the wheel to be in the front position as shown in the pic. But can theback of the lift support all the weight at transom and motor. I assume it can but want to make sure.

Balance the boat on lift ( or nearly so) is going to be what they tell you

I had a Craftlander tritoon lift for 3 years with their canopy. Super strong and durable!

I had a remote control power lift with solar panel, so no manual wheel.

However the lift motor was in the front of the lift - not sure that’s what you are talking about. It was how they assemble it for me for placement on the left side of my dock. Was not a problem was the pulleys pull up equally from the for corner supports.

See picks below for where my lift motor was located.

F1A1D34F-5B22-46D6-A4DD-B9F083FBE725.jpeg614C1CC2-DEB4-49F1-8B5D-974F339D22F9.jpeg02E3B0F8-CAD1-41B5-9AB2-4DE38CB50328.jpeg

Vikingstaff. That’s exactly what I’m talking about. Totally answered my question. How far from the back of your toon was the lift? For balancing purpose.

Vikingstaff. That’s exactly what I’m talking about. Totally answered my question. How far from the back of your toon was the lift? For balancing purpose.
Basically the back 1/3 to 1/2 the tritoon was supported by the lift bunks and it sat very well balanced.

I think they said you have to support the rear 1/3 of the Tritoon from a balancing the weight perspective. That’s where all the weight is located.

However, that was a few years ago, so I am not 100% clear on those details anymore. You can somewhat see in a couple of these pictures where my boat used to sit on the lift bunks. My boat is 24’ long for reference.

84F5D066-A5F6-4489-957D-4B40373C7BA5.jpeg83B5777B-5EEF-492A-A3F1-2BA9A2B20610.jpegF71645D6-35C8-4EC2-8659-6CA6B83AE99B.jpeg

Mine was on the back. I don’t think it matters though! I had the same lift as you and vikingstaff

Doesn't matter where the motor is on the lift - but it's preferable to have it accessible from the dock in case your remote conks out. The cockpit is approximately the center of gravity, and you want the boat to be balanced on the lift - so take some time to figure out where yours will balance (you can tell by raising slowly and feeling the tension on the cables). When properly balanced it looks like the boat sits too far forward... that's b/c the motor and gas tank are out back/stern.

Doesn't matter where the motor is on the lift - but it's preferable to have it accessible from the dock in case your remote conks out. The cockpit is approximately the center of gravity, and you want the boat to be balanced on the lift - so take some time to figure out where yours will balance (you can tell by raising slowly and feeling the tension on the cables). When properly balanced it looks like the boat sits too far forward... that's b/c the motor and gas tank are out back/stern.
Thanks for the tip. Very helpful

Back