Welcome to Club Bennington

Really nice!

Thanks guys! I traded in a 2007 Deck boat with a 300 hp I/O for the Tri-toon with a 150 hp outboard and couldn't be happier! Looked at a couple other brands but have always been a huge fan of the Benningtons.

Of course there's always that desire for the biggest motor out there but I'm sure it'll fade over time. The 150hp does everything I need it to do and it didn't break the bank as well as seems to be better on fuel. I can easily get to 35mph with the boat fully loaded and bimini top up and that's about as fast as I would want to run with the top up. 

I've had it on the water 3 time so far and put 6 hours on the motor and have had a blast every time. 

It's taken a little bit to get used to the difference in control from a bravo 3 twin counter-rotating prop to the single prop trying to maneuver this beast. I had my first scuff on the pontoon and rub rail from entering a wet slip during the strong tide change and wind. I'm sure I'll get better at it and hopefully prevent too many dings. At least I know the first one was from me. It should buff out. ;)

I absolutely love how comfortable this boat is and can't believe how much room is on the boat. The fact that it has an outboard is a nice change from an I/O especially since I just moved to the Florida coast and this salt water can do some serious damage to a motor if you aren't careful.

I'm sure I'll be out just about every weekend from now until the end of summer!

Next mods LED lights all around inside and out...

Summer ends in fl?

Congrats, nice ride!

Sweet !!!

Summer ends in fl?
I wouldn't say it ends LOL...

But once hunting season starts I'll be in the woods and not as much on the water. We did have a strong freeze this year and they actually closed schools for 2 days because of freezing rain. There was even a little ice in the bay... but not enough to keep you off the water if you wanted to get out. 

I've been having a blast so far and summer hasn't even started!  :D

Looking forward to my Niece and her husband joining the forum, just taking delivery on their new Bennington two days ago.  Another Iowan.

Last edited by a moderator:
GO HAWKS!!!!!!!

GO PANTHERS!

I grew up 30 minutes from U of I, grew up a Hawk fan. When it became time to pick a college, my Dad said if I went there, he wouldn't give me any money. He never said why, but I'm sure it was because it was a party school. So, I went to ISU, and he still didn't give me any money! He kept me on the straight and narrow. Or so he thought. I was surprised ISU wasn't known as a party school too. I guess it was kept more quiet. Athletes didn't get into as much legal trouble as Iowa, and I think that had a lot to do with the reputation since that would always make the news. A dunk engineer getting arrested in Ames never made the news. The first VEISHIA riot was blown out of proportion by the media (CNN). There was no riot of any kind. Just a big campfire. With half a dozen couches in it. The big fire was directly in front of the house we had just rented for the coming fall. It was a big fire though. Burned through about 6-8 inches of blacktop. My car would have got stuck in the hole it left. The topic cops are going to be after me now...

First Post to say hello as I  just ordered a new Bennington 2250 GSR with a Yamaha 115.

The only remaining option I am considering is the under deck wave shields 

This is my first pontoon purchase and actually my first boat purchase ever :eek:  and looking forward to taking delivery end of the month. I used to be a fishing guide so I am not new to boating, but for sure new to pontoons.

Super excited to be a member here and learn and discuss boats. Glad I got the Bennington!

Don't consider the wave shields, get them.  Big improvement in the ride.

Congratulations ,and Yes the wave shield is a must .

Thanks for the welcome and the additional spending of money it sounds like I need to make. I am also looking forward to pictures, the worst part is now the waiting.

lots of luck vince. did you get a discount on the build price? if so how much of a percentage did you save?

Hi

2nd boat

First was an 1982 Party Barge with an 1982 2 stroke

Upgraded this past fall.

Have a 22slx SPS tubes

150 F150 Yamaha

Solid black, Java interior

Sea grass throughout

Extended aft

Rub rail

Upgrade speakers and radio

Privacy enclosure.

Ski tow bar.

A few other things

Able to get 8 hrs on her between Oct and December before got too cold.

Impatiently awaiting spring

Back