Welcome to Club Bennington

Gonna be a nice setup. Congrats !! Remember ...... PICS !!!

Congrats and great layout choice!! And what semp said on the pics!

Just purchased a 2014 Bennington SL21 with a Yamaha High Thrust T60 at the Pittsburgh Boat Show.

This is my first pontoon purchase, looking forward to taking delivery on May1.

The disadvantage to purchasing the pontoon at a convention center in the dead of winter without placing it in the water is you never know if the motor you purchased is sufficient.

Not looking to ski behind or even tube but would like to be able to have 6- 8 adults on boat with enough power to cruise.

Ofcourse biggger is always better but bigger comes with the bigger price tag.

Pontoon has 25" diameter, would like some input.

Thank you

Congrats on the purchase and welcome to the best forum in the world.

You'll be able to cruise around with the 60. You're right about not being able to experience water sports with that power but for a nice social cruise you'll be ok.

And one more thing, we love pics here!

92504427.jpg

Thank you for your quick response and I will definitely upload some pics once I take delivery of the boat.

Can't stop singing the praises of Bennington with the best warranties and guarantees of any manufacturer at the boat show.

89832097.jpg

Looking forward to a great boating season  :D

60 is no speed demon, but I have a 20 on mine (2275 RLi) and I'm happy "cruising". I get 10-12 mph .... :)

My wife and I just signed a contract a few weeks back on a 2014 Bennington 22 SSX.  We had a Key West dual console before but are so excited to use our new tritoon.  Will be using it in the intracoastal waterway and St. Johns river in Florida.

Our build date was Feb 28th so we should have it in about 3 weeks.
The St. Johns is a very interesting river.  I have not had our Bennington there yet, but did take my previous Hurricane Deck boat there a few times.  We put in at Astor and had lunch at the Blackwater restaurant.  Been to Salt Springs also off the St Johns.

Talked with the dealer upon pickup he will place in water to acclimate me to the boat.

He is willing to upgrade the Yamaha if I feel it is not of ample size.

I have to say I am quite happy thus far with Bennington and Lake Road Marine.

98901734.jpg

"If you are lucky enough to be on the water, you are lucky enough"

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome pghpa611. Nice response for photos. I agree with my forum friends, to just cruise I would think you would be satisfied. And you will love that new Bennie.

Thank you dasalmon time will tell for sure.

Curious as well about fresh water flushing.

I live on a private lake, the water here is routinely tested.

Depth off my dock is 25 feet off the dam is 75 foot.

It is said the water is clean enough to drink.

Yamaha States

Add years to the life of your outboard by keeping your engine clean and properly cooled. Freshwater flush after every use in salt or dity water.

My question is should I be concerned about flushing engine with the hard tap water which is the norm in my region ?

94687506.jpg

in my 50 years of boating, I have never seen or had a problem running in lakes/rvers in Alabama, Tennessee, Arkansas, Texas, Florida, and Louisiana. the only time I would flush it would be after salt water use. otherwise, I don't see any issues with flushing, or not flushing. its really not a problem.

I have neighbors here on the lake who have never flushed their motors since owning them

I contacted Yamaha by phone , they highly recommend the flushing and feel that blowing it out afterwards will prevent damage from hard water

Good Thing I am retired, owning a boat sounds like a full time job.

Had a Sea Doo 6 passenger jet boat in the past

Took a lot of time maintaining

It is imperative to protect your investment  :D

94687663.jpg

Patiently looking forward to spring time temps and the beginning of boat season.

Extend your warranty by joining the Forum.

I was told the same but then was given 7 year warranty at the Pittsburgh Boat Show for buying at that time.

Once again after placing serial numbers of boat and engine saw no mention but when you first come in to forums I saw 7 year warranty.

75481719.jpg

Who wouldn't want to be on the water 24/7 if given the opportunity

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow pghpa, Pittsburgh looks beautiful.  Never been there but can imagine that park must rock and be a blast to drive up to and dock.  Doesn't look like enough docks though

Thank you Link

Pittsburgh is without question an amazing city and America's Best Kept Secret

The park is Point State Park and is breath taking at night from the water.

Pittsburgh is vibrant, clean, safe, and affordable.

It's amenities are far to numerous to list.

I have lived everywhere from San Francisco to Manhattan 

San Diego to Fort Myers FL

BUT 

I choose Pittsburgh to be my home

800px-Pittsburgh_skyline_view.jpg

Hello From Fort Walton Beach Florida!

I wanted to say thanks for all the great information. I've been lurking for a while and I finally picked up a new Bennington 2375 GCW last weekend! Check out my signature for the details. 

Can't wait to share some stories and makes some new friends!

NICE !!!

Back