Welcome to Club Bennington

Tom, just curious, couldn't you have gotten a Garmin 4pin Transducer to 8pin sounder adapter cable instead of replacing the transducer?  Is the transducer that is provided with the echo 100 crap?  Where did you put the transducer, and where is the one that comes with the boat?  Very curious.  

Thanks much!
I consulted both The GPS Store and the experts on TheHullTruth.com and they assured me an adapter with the Echo sensor would not work properly with the new 547XS. The I even considered wiring it myself. I initially bought a Garmin P66 but it was lousy in shallow water, which is a big part of my lake. I upgraded to an Airmar TM150 CHIRP sensor and it is much better, though crazy expensive for someone who doesn't even fish.

I consulted both The GPS Store and the experts on TheHullTruth.com and they assured me an adapter with the Echo sensor would not work properly with the new 547XS. The I even considered wiring it myself. I initially bought a Garmin P66 but it was lousy in shallow water, which is a big part of my lake. I upgraded to an Airmar TM150 CHIRP sensor and it is much better, though crazy expensive for someone who doesn't even fish.
sounds expensive.  I know nothing about them.  I wasn't sure if it'd work.  I was thinking of 200/50kHz, Transom Mount Transducer, which I think is pretty cheap.  Where and how did you mount yours?  The max depth of my shallowest lake is @ 70'.  The max of my deepest lake is @ 560'.  I don't quite understand the explanation of how you ran the wiring.  

sounds expensive.  I know nothing about them.  I wasn't sure if it'd work.  I was thinking of 200/50kHz, Transom Mount Transducer, which I think is pretty cheap.  Where and how did you mount yours?  The max depth of my shallowest lake is @ 70'.  The max of my deepest lake is @ 560'.  I don't quite understand the explanation of how you ran the wiring.  
The P66 would normally work just fine. I have one I'd sell ;-) The issue for my lake is it goes from 3' deep to 90' instantaneously so most don't work real well in shallow water. The CHIRP does everything well. I can read the name tags on the fish.

I ran the P66 wiring on top of the port tube, then crossed over to the starboard and up through the wiring loom for the helm. It required an 8-pin extension cable which costs almost as much as the sensor itself.

For the P150 I just put it in split wrap conduit and ran it along the port side under the deck with screws holding it up. I gave up trying to fish it along the top of the tube the second time, which would have been the right way. I had to do it on the boat lift in the water which is no small task.

My wife and I just signed a contract a few weeks back on a 2014 Bennington 22 SSX.  We had a Key West dual console before but are so excited to use our new tritoon.  Will be using it in the intracoastal waterway and St. Johns river in Florida.

Our build date was Feb 28th so we should have it in about 3 weeks.

Welcome aboard!! That's a great layout!

Welcome to the party!

Sweet! Let's see some pics when it shows up!

Will do...got the sps package with Yam 150...interested to see how it performs in heavy chop in st augustine bay with heavy boat traffic

It will handle great. I water tested a 24' with sps on some rough water and thought I was going to jump the boat it handled the big water so well.

New Forum member-Hello to everyone!

First time out to this forum, or actually ANY forum! Had been a boat owner for many years and purchased my first pontoon ( a Bennington 20Sli ) back in 2010.  Well, my grandbabies have grown since then and after the close of last season I decided to ramp up to a little larger/roomier Bennington. I sold my 20Sli in two days back in December and started talking to my local Bennington rep. Signed the papers last month  on a new 2014 and I believe it's being assembled this week as a matter of fact. I'm like a kid waiting for a new bicycle! Can't wait. Anyway, here's what it is:

2014 Benningto 2250 GSR, SPS- Black with Granite

2014 Yamaha 200F w/Digital controls

Tri-toon, sandstone pillowtop. bow gate seat,

Garmin Color GPS, Sony M6 Stereo w/bluetooth,

in-floor storage, extended deck w/ski tow, elevated helm,

woven teak aft flooring and raised graphics.

Looks like a great community of proud Bennington owners. I look forward to visiting/learning from you all in the future.

Welcome and great boat you have on order. I too have the new f200 and can't wait for spring to try it out. I also went with mechanical controls so I'll be curios to see how you like the electric. And it is a forum rule we'll need to see pics when it comes in!

Welcome and congrats on a nice build.

Sounds like a great boat to me!! Judging by your username, I assume we will definitely be seeing some pics when she is in!! Congrats! 

Ha! Pictures will indeed be posted when it comes in. It's a long ways to go before it sees water though. The Missouri River won't be free of ice here in North Dakota for a while. :(

Welcome aboard, sounds like a sweet ride !!

Looking forward to the pics !!

Well, my pontoon arrived at the dealer on Monday morning. The salesman called to let me know that they brought it into the shop to do the dealer prep work. My inexperience in ordering a new "toon" showed me that there's lots and lots to do yet before it's ready for the water. I pretty much assumed that just about everything, minus the engine and controls would be in place. Boy was I wrong. But hey, I've got nothing but time until warm weather arrives here. The guys at Vallely Marine have been great and I'm looking forward to going down one more time next week to get a few more "completed" pic's of it before it gets set aside waiting to take it's first dunk in the river. Here's a few quick pic's that I snapped this afternoon. The little guy in the winter jacket is my grandson. He can't wait to sit on my lap and hold on to the wheel!

Hmmmmm, looks like I'm going to have to figure out how to properly post pictures! Sorry about that! I'll try again later.

Thank you everyone for the input on our new boat( ESP on S boat) we were able put the deposit down this weekend. Supposed to be built the first week of May. Here's what we ended up with.

24SSLX Black w/smokey granite accent and black canvas

SPS 200 w/200 Etec

Infloor storage

Power steering

Sandstone pillow top

Seagrass full flooring

Extended Bow and Aft Deck

G Series Helm Chair

Garmin GPS-Inland

Sony M6 w/speaker upgrade

Bimini LED lighting

SS Docking lights