Welcome to Club Bennington

We are just about to complete the purchase of a 21 SL SPS and are really looking forward to joining the pontooning world. I have 3 run about boat in the past all with Mercrusier 4 cylinder I/O's so this will be a step up.

We are not going with a trailer right away and will be keeping the boat in a slip here in Lewisville, TX. I was wondering what everyones thoughts are on not getting a trailer? I've always launched my boats but very appealing to be able to just get in and go.

Am I making a mistake by not getting a trailer? 

I don't have one and it's been almost 11 years.

Last edited by a moderator:
My boat sits in the water all summer but need a trailer to bring it to storage which is only a mike away.  Trailers not very expensive and if you ever need to pull your boat for maintainace or just to clean the toons I think its worth it

I keep mine in a slip ,no trailer .

Try the slip ,you can always buy a trailer later .

No trailer here. Kept at dock in front of the lake house. Borrow my neighbor's to launch it and take out (he just uses it when he does the same - never travels). I do let him store his trailer on my property though. 

We have a trailer. It has served me well for hauling other items while the boat is on the lift including lumber, a hot tub, a carousel and so on.

Spoonman, If you go with the ESP package you won't need the mastercraft!  

Just a little disagreement.  If you are really into watersports there is no substitution for a inboard boat.  We ski behind the big boat and it is fine.  It would never work for advanced wakeboarding.  It also will not work if you start shorting the ski rope for practice because the wake is totally different from a tournament boat.  The ESP is great but it is not a tournament boat.   

My dealer drops it in slip beginning of season, and takes it out at end. $300. 

Trailer= $2400 plus $30 month to store it (minimum). It would take NINE years just to cover the cost of the trailers 1st year cost. I'd pass unless you plan on taking elsewhere often. We are going on year 5 without one. We had a real small toon that had a trailer. Used it twice a year. In and out, but it fit in our garage. 

No trailer -- love to be able to get the slip and launch right away.  A trailer would be nice for put in/haul out and doing my own oil changes, but I don't have a vehicle able to tow it.  I could probably borrow a truck, but it's simple to call the marina to do the work and I just write a check.

I have a trailer and slip. Need the trailer as my dealer is an hour away. We also look to pull the boat to a couple other lakes during the summer. Iike the confidence of being able get my boat any where I want when I want.

We have a trailer. It has served me well for hauling other items while the boat is on the lift including lumber, a hot tub, a carousel and so on.

LOL,,,,I love my Mastercraft and you can't surf behind an outboard.  Or at least you are not supposed to.  I've unfortunately seen it done  ( not on my boat).

Also, I'm not buying a trailer either.  

No trailer here either. Our dealer is local so they will drop it in and haul it out at the end of the season. Our lake is plenty big so no desire to trailer to another body of water. Good luck and welcome!

No trailer, stays on a lift.  Services are done while on the lift and cost me an additional $110.00 for the service call.  Only once per year at the end of the season, so not so bad.

Just picked up my 2017 21 SFX with a Yamaha 90 and Ultra Legs here in central MN.  Cannot wait for the snow and ice to melt and get the soft water season started.  

Just picked up my 2017 21 SFX with a Yamaha 90 and Ultra Legs here in central MN.  Cannot wait for the snow and ice to melt and get the soft water season started.  

Welcome Kenny! Pictures and more details, please!

Welcome Kenny! Pictures and more details, please!

Welcome aboard, you are going to love your new Bennie.  This forum is loaded with great answers to many of the questions you are sure to have.  If you don't see it ask, there are many here available to help.  I see a great summer coming up for you.  I lived in Cold Springs, Mn for three years back in the 70's.

Hi Kenny 

I ordered a 2017 22 SF with a Mercury 115 pro sx 4 stroke and waiting on the call from my dealer. The build date was last week should be in soon.  

I'm chomping at the bit to unwrap this thing and yes thats snow on the shrink wrap. It's sitting @ my dealer Wilson Marine in MI.

IMG_7935.JPG

Back