What is the Best Bennington to Buy for an Older Boat Owner

Talked to the rep at Wilson Marine today and they only have 22 Bennington's in stock and out of that number 5 of them have sold since hubby chatted with them on Saturday...I feel that if I do not purchase from them, I will go to the back of the line but they have very few choices.

You had mentioned previously that you were not in a hurry. Have you considered ordering one exactly how you want ?

Back to your actual question, if you're relatively fit and able to lift 30-ish pounds, a Swingback model is great for flexibility. The Lounger models are very comfy (used to have one, now have a swingback) but take up a fair bit of usable space, especially on a shorter model like a 20 or 22. I'd probably go for a "fastback" model with interior-facing seats all around for what you describe.

I'd also opt for a tritoon if you're going to haul the grandkids around in a tube at all. With a relatively small lake you'd probably be okay with at least a 150 but more happy with a 200 hp. As for Yamaha vs. Mercury, they're both excellent in reliability and performance - go with whatever your dealer supports.

Back