Winter has arrived in Northern Michigan

All of our remaining ice melted last night!

All of our remaining ice melted last night!

Are you serious? Back to open water? I'm jealous. It's psychological but I like seeing open water compared to ice.

In Missouri no ice.  I have only seen our lake frozen a few years ago. You would only walk on it if you had a death wish.

16472943_374071809616679_2433536300481790903_n.jpg

Cool Picture Jack

We just went over the Bridge 2 weeks ago ,Straights were wide open at the time 

Awesome shot for sure. We are supposed to be close to 50 tomorrow with rain so hopefully that will do a number on this snow and ice. I'm ready for spring!

I am ready .

One step at a time up here ,DST is the next one . :D

Little Traverse Bay is still wide open .

16507900_10154490853981051_8072663013983473486_n.jpg

I have a print out on my desk showing the daylight duration each day along with sunrise and sunset times. It feels so good crossing days off!

Yup, each day, lights staying a little longer!!  :)

I love being on the western edge of the eastern time zone. Summer days are long with the sun setting at 9:18!

So do not miss that.  Albany is getting another 5 - 8" today while it is going to be 84 with bright sunshine here.  Thought you at one time were considering becoming a snowbird Jack?

We think about it all the time :D .Time is not right for us yet  :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Just spoke with a friend from home, they upped the snow forecast for Albany to 10 - 16"

We are currently getting Hammered ,I just plowed the driveway had about 5 inches since 8:00 am .Heavy wet stuff .

We got slammed today ...... 1/4" of rain ......  :D

Lakes up about 6" since last week. Only 9-1/2' to go ....  :angry:

Even with all the snow we are getting the lake levels are down . Most of the snow this season has been lake effect .

They need to close the locks on the Cheboygan River .The Inland Waterway is emptying into Lake Huron .

Back