Winter has arrived in Northern Michigan

Yay, freezing rain this am on top of snow overnight. At work going out to hook up the plow in a couple minutes ..... Ugggghhhh ......

Nothing like getting up at 3am to go to work ..... Pfffftttt ......

Last edited by a moderator:
You know you'll do a couple doughnuts out there Dave!!! Be safe

My part of Virginia didn't get much snow accumulation but got some freezing rain......... it's 37 degrees so it'll be gone soon.......

Later in the week we have highs forecast in the single digits .I sure  would welcome 37 

You know you'll do a couple doughnuts out there Dave!!! Be safe
Yeah I have fun .... It's those unexpected donuts that'll have ya changing drawers ..... Lol !!!!!

Here is the radar for Northern Michigan  ,
598501_746708425357301_379393305_n.jpg

I'm going out tomorrow for my first attempt at steelhead fishing tomorrow. Hopefully I can add some photos to the fishing thread!!!

I'm going out tomorrow for my first attempt at steelhead fishing tomorrow. Hopefully I can add some photos to the fishing thread!!!
Is there ice down state already ?

Yeah, you sent it down to us now in Pa. !!!!!!

No, it's been too warm. We swing 20-30 degrees up and down week to week ????

That has to be great for headaches!!! 

Minus 2 in Petoskey ( 18.8 C for our Canadian Viewers  )  today ,and winter doesn't arrive for another 9 days 

Well it's supposed to get down to around -55C in my old stomping grounds of Thompson tonight (with the windchill) that's -67F for you southern folk. That's frigging cold. I don't miss those days! We've been about -40 - -45C all week, that's enough.

Once you hit th -10 mark. C or F it makes no difference to me, it's friggin' cold! That is crazy cold!!! S-s-s-s-sixty-s-s-s-seven BELOW!

Damn!!!!! I thought 15 degrees was cold ????

-67 is insane !!!!

Please keep it up there Derrick !!

We have a heat wave coming in Northern Michigan ,20's this weekend ,30 on Tuesday .

Yeah, pretty bad when we are happy it gets into the thirties !!!!

Drive by the marina a few hours ago ,I could not believe how many people are out ice fishing already .

Shanties all over ,I also heard at least two have fallen through already this season just on one lake .

One last Sunday on an ice boat that hit open water and one yesterday the ice just broke and he went in .

Back