Winter has arrived in Northern Michigan

We are 8 right now .Drove by the marina yesterday ice is spreading fast .

Last year they were ice fishing before Christmas . Don't think that will happen this year "supposed " to be high 30's next week for a few days .

Haha and I thought our 22 degrees was cold! Just got off the tractor mulching more leaves that blew in from the wind and rain we had yesterday.......My neighbors riding by must be wondering what the hell is wrong w/me..........someones gotta do it............

Haha and I thought our 22 degrees was cold! Just got off the tractor mulching more leaves that blew in from the wind and rain we had yesterday.......My neighbors riding by must be wondering what the hell is wrong w/me..........someones gotta do it............
I did my last mulch trip about 2 weeks ago , my neighbors gave up on me years ago .

The Beech trees still have leaves on them ,Oh Well, nothing I do now with 6 inches of snow on the ground .

Now this is ice fishing .

Last edited by a moderator:
4 below this morning ,Ice is here to stay ,going to be a long winter 
1458477_528132727282423_1524989281_n.jpg

28 here, well below normal. Where's the global warming when you need it? Another Carribbean cruise on Sunday, woo hoo!

Thanks, always do.

Most of the snow is gone today ,but the ice isn't .

I saw some one Out Walking on the ice yesterday .

Not for me .

117 daysuntil Tuesday April 01 2014http://daycalc.appspot.com/04/01/2014

Last edited by a moderator:
It's 70 here in Virginia today.........What the...........?

It was 42 when I got up this morning ,now it is in the 20's with 40 mph wind .

High Saturday  15 .

I need to move .

All the ice is off our lake today. Apparently there were some ice fisherman out on it the day before Thanksgiving. I hope this wind dies down and makes one big hockey rink for me, nothing better than skating smooth lake ice...when it's not boating season that is!!

It is going to get cold cold cold this weekend. Spring seems so far away!!! Too bad we can't take our toons off and replace them with tracks to go through the snow in style. Maybe I should put that in the suggestions section...

It is going to get cold cold cold this weekend. Spring seems so far away!!! Too bad we can't take our toons off and replace them with tracks to go through the snow in style. Maybe I should put that in the suggestions section...
I think you're onto something!!!

This is close ,( borrowed from Dave and Bonnie's post ) 

20090130_iceboat5_33.jpg

We were at the local watering hole near the marina ,Thursday .

Bartender told us she had seen some one out Ice Fishing ,earlier that day .

That is too crazy ,ice can't be that thick yet .There is still open water near the marina .

Last year I didn't see any one on the ice  until Christmas week .

Well I'm not sure how many of you remember my idea of having a clear center pontoon that could unattach itself and become a submarine, but since we're talking about winter usage, if you could somehow detach the center, add skis, invert the motor and change the prop for a big fan, you could make this little beauty!! Haha

Sounds pretty easy to me!!

Back