Winter has arrived in Northern Michigan

Where do you boat dg? I saw some golfers out this weekend at some local courses. I bet they love the extra off season revenue.

Where do you boat dg? I saw some golfers out this weekend at some local courses. I bet they love the extra off season revenue.

Have tried to play once a week this "winter". The Bermuda fairways are dormant but the greens and tee boxes (whatever kind of grass it is) are beautiful. They cover them at night in case of frost.......

I got a new set of clubs, bag, shoes in 2014 and have only used them twice since.

Boat Lake St. Clair. Was down by lake yesterday and saw 4 boats out on the water. Ice is gone.

I've never been out there but some buddies and I are planning to get out there this spring and go for some smallies. Any secret spots or techniques you can share? You can private message me if you'd like.

The Mac ( not my pic ) /monthly_2017_03/large.16681907_1932380150315270_3125369841569406130_n.jpg.c0e11a7af32d4ed581d8c26dfb55cf30.jpg

Spring is in the Air ./gallery/album_351/gallery_4015_351_3129.jpg/gallery/album_351/gallery_4015_351_23888.jpg/gallery/album_351/gallery_4015_351_15662.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
It's coming Pal

Still going to be a few weeks up here . What ever ice is left is starting to break .

May have to take a ride to the marina this week .  :D

Good and bad....

Nice day for being on the boat, yesterday.

http://i580.photobucket.com/albums/ss250/totallyrotten58/69D668ED-4433-405D-8E7D-D56BEDA2E522.jpg

Bad thing was that I found that I have a hole in the starboard side toon. :(

Was out on the boat a couple of weeks ago when we hit something on the river. Couldn't find any leaks after a short glance over at the toons. Key word there is short glance. Well, after we got back in, yesterday, my wife told me that there was a lot of water on the drive where we park the boat. Yep, walked out and the drive was covered with water. We started looking, and found at the very back of the toon, right on the end cap weld, there was a small dent and hole at the weld. Could have been much worse, but I'll get someone to put a half inch welding repair on that, and we should be good to go again. 

Spring is finally here! Now I just need the temps to come up along with the lake level. Worst case scenario I'll be on the boat within a month as I plan on heading over to Lake St. Clair. Won't be long now!

Good and bad....

Nice day for being on the boat, yesterday.

Bad thing was that I found that I have a hole in the starboard side toon. :(

Was out on the boat a couple of weeks ago when we hit something on the river. Couldn't find any leaks after a short glance over at the toons. Key word there is short glance. Well, after we got back in, yesterday, my wife told me that there was a lot of water on the drive where we park the boat. Yep, walked out and the drive was covered with water. We started looking, and found at the very back of the toon, right on the end cap weld, there was a small dent and hole at the weld. Could have been much worse, but I'll get someone to put a half inch welding repair on that, and we should be good to go again. 

Have you had the chance to really give your pontoon a thorough  inspection and get it fixed?!?

Have you had the chance to really give your pontoon a thorough  inspection and get it fixed?!?

Not yet. Supposed to have a welder make repairs on Friday. 

Not yet. Supposed to have a welder make repairs on Friday. 

Are you going to drill a small hole to make sure all water is out? Just a thought.

It ran for quite a long time, from the time I got home from the water, until the next morning. It was trickling very little that morning, but you are probably hitting on some good advice. If it's got to be welded, may as well weld a little 1/8 or 1/4" hold, too. Thanks for bringing that up, Semper!

You're welcome. I'd drill a small hole and crank up the trailer tounge as high as possible.

I've actually seen (my old dock neighbor) had a drain bung welded in "just in case". 

You're welcome. I'd drill a small hole and crank up the trailer tounge as high as possible.

I've actually seen (my old dock neighbor) had a drain bung welded in "just in case". 

The only thing about a drain plug getting welded in a Benny is that it would only benefit the last section of the toon since Benny has three separate chambers in each toon.  :(

The only thing about a drain plug getting welded in a Benny is that it would only benefit the last section of the toon since Benny has three separate chambers in each toon.  :(

But being the largest and most rearward, I'd think that one would be most susceptible to damage/leaking? I just thought of it cause they put one in my old dock neighbors when repaired. "Hopefully" it would never happen again, but if it did, just one less step to drain. 

Back