2021 28RSBA with 400 Verado 8’6 beam Top Speed

JonnyDiesel1

Reaction score
Just ordered my first Bennington, coming from the Godfrey AquaPatio world, ordering 2 new boats in 4 years now 3 with the Bennington, hopefully I stay with the Benni for awhile! Just wanted to see if anyone had a custom similar setup, just curious to what the top speed will since I have no patience to wait and see . Photo is the rendering of my build for the most part! Thanks All, happy boating

Attachments

• 7C745B08-D060-4BD3-A966-82AE96F82569.jpeg
    7C745B08-D060-4BD3-A966-82AE96F82569.jpeg
    81.3 KB · Views: 53
Welcome JonnyD! Can't help you with performance numbers but she should be a beast out out the water with that 400 hanging off the back. Post some pictures when you bring her home.

Last edited:
Will do!!! I somehow got super lucky between pull/size of my dealer and got a build date of 4/12 so I’ll post them up towards the end of April!

My 25 RSB with a 350 Verdado tops out at 52. I could probably get a few more MPH with tweaks, but I'm happy with it. I'd guess the extra 50 HP coupled with the extra weight and length will mean you're going to be similar.

Fair enough, it’s going to be 3ft longer than your 25RSB so that would make some sense, the jack plate should help me tool around and get a few more hopefully!

Fair enough, it’s going to be 3ft longer than your 25RSB so that would make some sense, the jack plate should help me tool around and get a few more hopefully!
3 boats in 4 years now? Wow! Pulling a “PADS” prior to even joining the forum. LOL Congratulations on what seems to be an amazing build. It looks like it will be pretty cool looking, and having a 400 Mercury Verado hanging off the back is fantastic!

Based on your build picture at the top, yours will also have the Sport arch. I have read people post that the sport arch option weighs an additional 1,000 lbs by itself. If accurate, that arch combined with the 3 ft might have more of an impact than anticipated on top end speed. Not sure an extra 50HP evens out the increased weight out or not compared to CLDave’s performance.

Regardless, I look forward to seeing pictures and hearing about what kind of performance you are able to get out of it once you dial in the prop. Congratulations!

I most definitely have a problem but I always end up seeing something else I like and having paid off my last one was a nice little boost to the benni so it didn’t hurt as much. The dealer mentioned, he doesn’t build many high end Benningtons like this so he will be doing his own photo shoot and posting on his website, I get to reap the benefits of a free photo shoot

3 boats in 4 years now? Wow! Pulling a “PADS” prior to even joining the forum. LOL Congratulations on what seems to be an amazing build. It looks like it will be pretty cool looking, and having a 400 Mercury Verado hanging off the back is fantastic!

Based on your build picture at the top, yours will also have the Sport arch. I have read people post that the sport arch option weighs an additional 1,000 lbs by itself. If accurate, that arch combined with the 3 ft might have more of an impact than anticipated on top end speed. Not sure an extra 50HP evens out the increased weight out or not compared to CLDave’s performance.

Regardless, I look forward to seeing pictures and hearing about what kind of performance you are able to get out of it once you dial in the prop. Congratulations!

Here is the CAD rendering of the new build I just got today, so much seating, love it!! 13E2D518-2150-4B15-9CE3-165C5CDDFBDD.png

Check with Bennington about adding a jackplate. In the past they have said it would void warranty.

My dealer isn’t a puss and owns the dealership lol, he said it’s perfectly fine.
Dealership isn’t going to be who determines if the warranty will cover something. They submit the claim, Bennington reviews it and makes a decision. Thus, regardless of what your dealer thinks is fine, if warranty issues arose down the line, they wouldn’t be the ones deciding - Bennington would. And based on past feedback, a Jack plate voids it.

Not trying to poke at this, and no idea what competency or ignorance your dealer has when it comes to Bennington warranty work. Being a puss wouldn’t have anything to do with it though, but perhaps them being ignorant, arrogant or flippant in regards to the process would.

Remediations suggestion above is a good CYA. Obviously, your boat, your risk, your decision. Putting one on certainly will provide some flexibility of operation and performance. But it if voids the warranty, is that small increase in flexibility and performance worth the risk?

Bennington only sees if it has a Jack plate if pictures of it installed are sent to Bennington, it only takes less than 30 min to lift motor, take Jack plate off and remount like it was never there . Where there’s a will there’s a way my friend. **** had to correct for the English professor

Last edited:
Bennington only sees if it has a Jack plate if pictures of it installed are sent to Bennington, it only takes less than 30 min to lift motor, take Jack plate off and remount like it was never there . Where theirs a will theirs a way my friend.
Well you just let the Bennington world know your plan ! And with Bennington also "Where theirs a will theirs a way my friend"

I wouldn’t recommend a jack plate, or have him put in writing that a jack plate will not cause any issues with warranty.
Why would you lash out at members trying to help you? This is a friendly group and I hope you can be friendly. Otherwise find a different place to ask advice, this is not the place for that. Best of luck.

nothing I said was lashing out, didn’t know everyone in here had such a tight personality, jeesh

nothing I said was lashing out, didn’t know everyone in here had such a tight personality, jeesh

We dont and this is a family friendly site. Careful, treading on thin ice.

On some Bennington and motor combinations a jack is needed to get the lower unit out of the water when docked because the motor would not trim up far enough.

My 25 RSB with a 350 Verdado tops out at 52. I could probably get a few more MPH with tweaks, but I'm happy with it. I'd guess the extra 50 HP coupled with the extra weight and length will mean you're going to be similar.
I could not find that you had posted what prop you are using, would you happen to know?

Back