23LSR has arrived... pics inside

Pretty boat. Just put deposit down today on this:

Will run a 175vmax yahama. Even though it’s a 4 stroke and not a 6 they tell me it runs like an f200 with similar fuel economy and a 3800 upgrade. Thoughts?
Great boat you have there!!! You will be very happy! Lots of good info on this site in motor comparisons... check the search.... ive read a few times on this board of people suggesting the exact thing you landed on. Enjoy!

now. You have the blackout, once the dealer up sells you for the wrap at closing, you may want to consider it... :). Feel free to negotiate the price!!!!

I think there is something to be said for that performance description. It is going to be closer to the performance of the f200 than a normal 175. Not totally the same, but close.

It also has a much cooler looking cover/cowl to go with that blackout package too. That alone makes it worthwhile with your particular boat. I think you’ll really like the combination. I have a full blackout package with a Mercury Verado Pro, and the aesthetics of the combination (like your VMax) is great.

Checked out and paid for the boat today. It will be delivered to my marina in a couple weeks after getting motor etc rigged up which is the Yamaha 200. Posting pics because I think it’s a requirement although not as fancy as many of yours on this board.

Question... dealer wanted to sell me the vantage pontoon wrap and guard, I already have sharkhide. It looks nice but not sure I really need it. They also were selling vantage seat and exterior protection. I don’t see a lot on this site other then the new seats don’t need any protection. Anyone have advise on this?

View attachment 29380View attachment 29381View attachment 29382View attachment 29383View attachment 29384View attachment 29385View attachment 29386View attachment 29387
If your going to put the vantage on you have to strip the shark hide off first. It will not stick to it. I’m putting it on my new Benny soon. I like the looks and protection of it.

Checked out and paid for the boat today. It will be delivered to my marina in a couple weeks after getting motor etc rigged up which is the Yamaha 200. Posting pics because I think it’s a requirement although not as fancy as many of yours on this board.

Question... dealer wanted to sell me the vantage pontoon wrap and guard, I already have sharkhide. It looks nice but not sure I really need it. They also were selling vantage seat and exterior protection. I don’t see a lot on this site other then the new seats don’t need any protection. Anyone have advise on this?

View attachment 29380View attachment 29381View attachment 29382View attachment 29383View attachment 29384View attachment 29385View attachment 29386View attachment 29387
Nice boat congrats and enjoy

Wow, she's a beauty! Thanks for following the "rules" and posting the pictures. :)

As for the Vantage wrap, I've had it for three years and it looks great IMO. That said, the reason I have it is because of a botched acid wash incident at my dealer, which left overspray on my boat. As a result, they agreed to put the Vantage wrap on for "free" to cover it up. So, to your question as to whether to get it, I'd say it depends on if you desire the look it provides. Personally, I'd forgo it until you end up with ugly toons. I think my dealer charges around $2500 for the wrap, but that might not be accurate any longer.

Enjoy your new Benny!
The price is correct, but I’m putting mine on myself and it cost $1,300.00 you have to know how to do this and seal the edges down.

Be careful with power washing and the vantage wrap around the decal area.
The top plastic decal comes off very easily and you will be left with the black foam backing.
1618409692860.png

Pretty boat. Just put deposit down today on this:

Will run a 175vmax yahama. Even though it’s a 4 stroke and not a 6 they tell me it runs like an f200 with similar fuel economy and a 3800 upgrade. Thoughts?
The VF175 runs a 1.86 gearcase vs a 1.75 on the VF200-250. That alone is going to limit your top speed vs the 200. Yamaha likely is doing this to give better hole shot on the I4 to try an match the torque of a V6 at the expense of speed.

I believe the efficiency will probably be equal or better at similar RPMs, but again due to gearing (and of course dependent on propping) it may NOT be at equivalent speeds. So for example, with both motors pushing your boat 35mph, the 1.86 on the VF175 will require more RPMs to do so, potentially at a higher GPH rate. Another way to look at it, at 5000 engine RPM, the propshaft on a 1.75 will be turning 2,857 RPM. On a 1.86 the propshaft will be turning 2,688 RPM or almost 200 RPM slower. So in order for the 1.86 gearcase to match the propshaft speed of the 1.75, the engine RPM will need to increase 314 RPM (2,857 x 1.86 = 5,314).

You have a good motor for sure and I think you'll be very happy with it! But I would be skeptical of those dealer claims.

Taking arrival of our 23LSR next week, very similar to yours Peeruwp; have you been happy with your selection? We are to be on the water next week.

Yes, I am happy with the boat... so much storage, seating and space. I got through the first 2 hour break in period and was really impressed with the Yamaha 200. It’s so quiet! I was able to give a little push and was happy with the speed too! I have a steering noise that my dealer is going to fix but once that is corrected... I’ll be very happy with my boat!! You will love it, enjoy!!!

Good thing you ordered and purchased when you did, peeruwp - I just built your boat on the Benny site and the price has shot up by around $4000!!!

BennyBuild22LSR.png

PRODUCT DETAILSMSRP
$78,495​
Boat Package• 22LSR -YAMAHAPKG$45,570
Engines• 200 HP 4 STROKE 2.8L 4 Cylinder 25 IN$13,753
Prerig• Yamaha Mechanical Analog Pre-Rig$0
Panel Color• Panel - Smokey Granite$0
Accent Panel• Accent - Metallic Platinum$434
Canvas• Canvas - Smokey Granite$0
Logos• Dimensional Brushed Silver Logos (L/LX)$0
Aft Deck Options• Extended Aft Deck with Curved Ladder (S/L)$1,476
Base Vinyl• Platinum$0
Furniture Upgrades• Horizontal Diamond Pressed Upholstery 80% Cut-Out (L)$0
Furniture Add-ons• Bow Gate Seat (L)$893
Tables• Stowable Sculpted Rectangular Table Exchange (Woodgrain)$66
Interior Colors• Interior Accent - Perforated Metallic Carbon$0
Trim Accent• Zebrawood Beige$0
Helm/Stereo• Custom Wheel Upgrade with Zebrawood Beige Accents (LX/R)$17
• Striker 4 Fish Graph (S/SX/L)$404
• Rockford PMX 2 Upgrade (S/SX/L)$376
Lighting• RGB Toe Kick Lighting (SX/L)$814
• RGB Controller L/LT$406
Flooring• Seagrass Platinum$513
Performance Packages• Sport Performance System with Transom Fuel 22 S
Includes:
(900545 - Steering - Sea Star Hydraulic with Tilt Steering)
(903062 - Underdeck Wave Shield (22/24))
(900884 - Rough Water Package)
(900545 - Steering - Sea Star Hydraulic with Tilt Steering)
(903062 - Underdeck Wave Shield (22/24))
(900884 - Rough Water Package)
$7,514
• 200 HP Capacity Tag (SPS/ESP)$0
Performance Add-ons• Battery - Dual with Switch (Port/Starboard)$443
• Center Tube Fuel Tank (SPS) (Port Fill)$1,854
• In-Floor Storage (3 Tube)$1,599
Amenities• Sharkhide Tube Protectant (3 Tubes)$591
• Rub Rail Protectors$97
• Heavy Duty Rub Rail (22/25)
Includes:
(901011 - Bennington Engraved Stainless Steel Cleat)
(901011 - Bennington Engraved Stainless Steel Cleat)
$376
• Aft Pop-Up Cleats$140
• Ski Tow Bar (Ext. Aft Deck w/Rub Rail)$1,159

The VF175 runs a 1.86 gearcase vs a 1.75 on the VF200-250. That alone is going to limit your top speed vs the 200. Yamaha likely is doing this to give better hole shot on the I4 to try an match the torque of a V6 at the expense of speed.

I believe the efficiency will probably be equal or better at similar RPMs, but again due to gearing (and of course dependent on propping) it may NOT be at equivalent speeds. So for example, with both motors pushing your boat 35mph, the 1.86 on the VF175 will require more RPMs to do so, potentially at a higher GPH rate. Another way to look at it, at 5000 engine RPM, the propshaft on a 1.75 will be turning 2,857 RPM. On a 1.86 the propshaft will be turning 2,688 RPM or almost 200 RPM slower. So in order for the 1.86 gearcase to match the propshaft speed of the 1.75, the engine RPM will need to increase 314 RPM (2,857 x 1.86 = 5,314).

You have a good motor for sure and I think you'll be very happy with it! But I would be skeptical of those dealer claims.

I think you've accidentally confused the F200 (I4 2.8L) with the VF200 (V6 4.2L).

I think the dealer claim that the VF175 will run close to an F200, both being 2.8L I4 motors with the same 1.86 drive ratio, is mostly accurate.

VF175 vs F200.png

Good thing you ordered and purchased when you did, peeruwp- I just built your boat on the Benny site and the price has shot up by around $4000!!!

I ordered my boat in October and just built it now and it came in about $10,000 more now! Crazy... Told the wife I saved us a ton of money on buying a new boat when I did. She was happy about that. :cool:

OK - everyone in the pool.

2020 MSRP $95,700
2021 MSRP $105,100

Roughly 10% increase on every line item. I paid roughly 77% of the MSRP in May 2020. I'm sure those discounts are much less generous these days.

Increase in boat cost still pales in comparison to the housing prices in my area. I feel less-sorry for the discretionary purchasers than those first-time home buyers, it's gutting what they're paying right now.

Back