Best Way to Sell Our Bennington?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ugleeual

Reaction score
We are going to be selling our Bennington this summer... what method is the best way to connect with potential buyers? Websites or use consignment with a local dealer? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I would think as strong as the market for boats is you can sell it yourself locally. I would suggest Facebook marketplace and Craig’s list as they are free and pretty successful.
Agree, and would add Boat Trader - huge exposure over Facebook and Craig's list which tend to be local searches. I would also find a boat shipping company and be ready with prices to ship direct, sight unseen! Possibly get a local mechanic to provide a written inspection on the boat condition. With this all in hand, you might catch an out of town, I want it now buyer that will pay a premium!

I sold both my boats in about 2 weeks last summer over Facebook Marketplace (sold both to get our new uberBenny). I made $20k more than the dealer offered me for my 2011 Bennington RCW + Larson Fish & Ski. Both boats sold for about $2k less than I bought them for (new). When I told the dealer what I got for both boats, his exact quote was "holy sh#@!"

Market is white-hot right now - you'll sell without a problem.

Whitelaker nailed it! We put our boat on Marketplace and Craigslist last spring. 5 minutes after clicking that button we got our first inquiry. We got about 25 inquiries from each. The couple that bought it came from another lake in another state!

Like everyone else said...Marketplace. I sold our BR last fall in under 2 weeks. The inquires we rec'd were off the charts. Now granted we had a lot of low ballers and tire kickers, but eventually we were contacted by a couple 200 miles away who eventually drove down and bought it.

The thread has fulfilled its purpose and is now locked.
It’s reaching into a gray area of “selling”.
Any further responses can be pm‘d to op.
Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back