Domed numbers caution.

Timdelta

Reaction score
I got my domed numbers in mail yesterday and immediately pulled from mailbox. They were folded over in the paper wrappings. They were not bent or crushed but the paper was all stuck together and I had to very carefully separate it so as to not pull numbers off of sheets. When I went to put them on the boat I noticed the paper was not cut evenly. DO NOT use the top of paper as a guide unless you’re sure it’s all even. Mine looked like a 4th grader cut it off of roll. It’s more difficult to make sure it’s all lined up when trying to look through paper at numbers. The numbers in my opinion don’t look like the Bennington font and I’m not happy with the look. I bought the license frame and it is way to skinny in my opinion.
I’m thinking it doesn’t look like the sample they sent me, so I don’t know what went wrong. Of course I don’t have a clue where that sample is now. I know there's size requirements and maybe if I stuck them lower it wouldn’t look as crummy to me. Please let me know what you guys/ gals think.

Attachments

• 958BB4D8-09B6-4BF2-A620-A16F0A55A3EC.jpeg
    958BB4D8-09B6-4BF2-A620-A16F0A55A3EC.jpeg
    107.7 KB · Views: 82
  • 589DCBB3-A553-4217-9C53-9B546097F2E2.jpeg
    589DCBB3-A553-4217-9C53-9B546097F2E2.jpeg
    237.3 KB · Views: 75
While I didn’t have any of your packaging issues, I do agree that the font doesn’t seem to be identical. However, seven years later, mine look great!

It looks like the inside color is darker on the Bennington .
Mine shipped today .

A few of my letters had issues peeling the backing off the bottom quarter area of the letters. The nonstick paper wouldn't give. I did what I could to scrape off the paper on those, and just hope the remainder of the adhesive keeps those letters on. For how much they charge, I was expecting better.

If you would have put them not right underneath the Bennington logo it would not stand out. I would have put them up in the bow area. My dealer told me when I got mine to make sure they are not close to the emblem so I put mine down low and up front with part of it on the curve of the bow. It looks great and does not clash with the emblem.

I think your right. It would have been better anywhere else. I thought they would have been a better match.

Overall I've been very happy with my Domed set, but in hindsight I wish I would have put mine on the extruded top/cover above the pontoons instead of right under the logo on mine. The reality is that there's not going to be an exact match because lettering needs to be 3" tall per license requirements.

It wasn't exactly clear if I could legally put the numbers down above the toons, so I made a safe bet. They'd be a bugger to get off once stuck on.

Screen Shot 2022-05-12 at 3.59.35 PM.png

I need to order some; where did you get them and what font?

I think they are just too “chunky”
Domednumbers.com
Bennington logo style and I bought a sticker frame to match.
I think some other style would look better or like Jams said move them away from logo, still to chunky/clunky for me.
I am probably going to remove them. I’m hoping I can get a new state sticker without hassle.

I had a set that was damaged in shipping, their customer service was great. Basically overnighted me a new set at no cost. Maybe it's worth a call if it's not right?

I’ve never bought a set of “custom” letters or numbers that the transfer paper was perfectly cut. I’ve always squared up the release paper to the font.

They look fine! You won't even notice those letters after awhile!

Oops thought I posted this already.
The customer service is great. I’m still looking for sample they sent, I swear it’s not the same, of course wife says I don’t remember #%*+, so who knows.

Agreed the font is not exact, but we have size requirements and as long as they are not right next to each other I think mine look great.

Attachments

• 242669F4-77AF-44EC-B90C-F6ACD142CAE7.jpeg
    242669F4-77AF-44EC-B90C-F6ACD142CAE7.jpeg
    145.2 KB · Views: 40
  • 8D5104FA-1FB7-4E78-B050-97DA12B1C083.jpeg
    8D5104FA-1FB7-4E78-B050-97DA12B1C083.jpeg
    145.2 KB · Views: 39
Agreed the font is not exact, but we have size requirements and as long as they are not right next to each other I think mine look great.
They do look fine. Interestingly, in NC, that would be illegal. Spacing is required left and right of the middle 4 numbers.

My dealer/marina installed my number before I took possession.

Attachments

• C3E376ED-A5E1-4043-A391-361747E0FB0E.jpeg
    C3E376ED-A5E1-4043-A391-361747E0FB0E.jpeg
    104.2 KB · Views: 29
Back