Fuel capacity

Carl Self

Reaction score
I just bought a 2022 Bennington R23 with ESP package. What is the fuel tank capacity?
Thanks

You can probably figure it out from the website, but my guess would be 51-52 gallons. Don’t forget your credit card!

Just can't help myself..... had to look.... so when selecting the ESP package, the 37 gallon tank is swapped out for the center tube 50 gallon tank, required with the ESP package. Did you buy a Floor Model or Just ordered - we would love to spend more of your money by suggesting features and options.....LOL

Just can't help myself..... had to look.... so when selecting the ESP package, the 37 gallon tank is swapped out for the center tube 50 gallon tank, required with the ESP package. Did you buy a Floor Model or Just ordered - we would love to spend more of your money by suggesting features and options.....LOL
Haha..I love the "I just bought" followed by "I wonder how much fuel I can hold?"

Buy a car that one will drive 10k miles or more per year for $100k or more? Most people, “No way!”

Buy a boat that will be used for +/- 150 hrs of operation per year for $100k or more? Many of those same people, “Ya, but I negotiated 20% off the $120k MSRP so it was a good deal”.

C95CAD02-3182-4F8B-B145-995D7A167473.jpeg

Hi everyone, I have the same issue. Just picked up a 23RSB and the Simrad was not calibrated properly. It had “some” fuel in it, but the 18 gallons it said I do not believe were correct because it took almost 40 more. I cannot find anywhere in any specifications for 2022 what the fuel tank capacity is with the ESP package. Is it for sure 50 gallons? I have seen as much as 55 in earlier posts from later model years.

Thanks.

I just bought a 2017 23 RSB. Mine has a 56 gallon tank. There is an information plate attached to the top of the tank that will state the capacity. It is accessible under the rear sunpad.

Also bear in mind there’s capacity and “useable” capacity.

Mine is a 56. The digital readout on the simrad is amazingly accurate - when it says I'm down to 20 gallons left it takes exactly 36 gallons.
Have you calibrated it? I thought mine has a calibration setup but I think it has to be connected to engine so it pulls running parameters from there and estimates usage based on that. I also read on mine (if I remember correctly) I can change my fuel tank float and connect to Simrad directly for much higher accuracy.

Mine is a 56. The digital readout on the simrad is amazingly accurate - when it says I'm down to 20 gallons left it takes exactly 36 gallons.
Did the specs say 56 gallons, or that is what the gauges are telling you? I ask, as when I was shopping for my 2021, 50 gallons was the max per the dealer unless you went up to an X2.

Did the specs say 56 gallons, or that is what the gauges are telling you? I ask, as when I was shopping for my 2021, 50 gallons was the max per the dealer unless you went up to an X2.
The specs say 50, and the readout (and the label on the tank) says 56. I was concerned the first time I filled it up and it read 56 gallons - but then I looked at the tank through the door under the swingback. Kinda nice surprise!

The specs say 50, and the readout (and the label on the tank) says 56. I was concerned the first time I filled it up and it read 56 gallons - but then I looked at the tank through the door under the swingback. Kinda nice surprise!
I imagine that the molded tank is not an exact science, and a 10% variance would not surprise me.
FYI, The tank is in fact an insert. Some folks believe that the tube itself is the tank which is not the case.

I imagine that the molded tank is not an exact science, and a 10% variance would not surprise me.
FYI, The tank is in fact an insert. Some folks believe that the tube itself is the tank which is not the case.
Exactly. There HAS to be something inside the tube itself to hold fuel that will "never" leak. It just can't be the center tube itself.

It's possible that there is a reason for the disparity in capacities. The tank manufacturer is likely stating the volumetric capacity of let's say 56 gallons. But Bennington knows due to pitch on how the boats normally run (stern heavy, therefore tank is not level) and you can never get 100% of the fuel out of the tank due to pickup location, so they may state 50 gallon as the useable capacity. Another thing to consider is the check (ball) valve on your tank vents that may shut the fuel pump earlier than it's max volumetric capacity.

Really the only way to know is to run or siphon the tank dry from the pickup and refill. Once you have that number you can calibrate your fuel gauges. Float is fine for a general reading but I base all of my decisions on the ECM/MFD fuel levels. I program 52g into my MFD and the ECM from the engine supplies injector fuel rate data to give a much more accurate remaining fuel reading. It's within 2/10ths of a gallon most times when I refill.

It's possible that there is a reason for the disparity in capacities. The tank manufacturer is likely stating the volumetric capacity of let's say 56 gallons. But Bennington knows due to pitch on how the boats normally run (stern heavy, therefore tank is not level) and you can never get 100% of the fuel out of the tank due to pickup location, so they may state 50 gallon as the useable capacity. Another thing to consider is the check (ball) valve on your tank vents that may shut the fuel pump earlier than it's max volumetric capacity.

Really the only way to know is to run or siphon the tank dry from the pickup and refill. Once you have that number you can calibrate your fuel gauges. Float is fine for a general reading but I base all of my decisions on the ECM/MFD fuel levels. I program 52g into my MFD and the ECM from the engine supplies injector fuel rate data to give a much more accurate remaining fuel reading. It's within 2/10ths of a gallon most times when I refill.
Volumetric capacity! I like it!!!

Mine is 56

Back