Have You Looked at Non Ethanol Price Today ?

Price of fuel is worse than the stock market. Regular is under $4 here today and non ethanol dropped to $5.09. It was $5.89 earlier this week.

Alot of the marina gas docks here have gone self serve. But this nice young lady grabbed my dock line when we pulled in, tied up, asked the octane I wanted and filled our tank. She was very personable and spoke to everyone onboard. She gets a tip of course!

Wow ! Went to Asheboro last night fot dinner. Regular gas there was down to $3.69 a gallon. I say "down to" with hesitation. Ha !

Just back from Canada. Fuel was $40.00 for each 5 gallon gas jug. Paid $188.20 to fill the truck for the trip home.
Found new (old style plastic gas cans - spout and a vent). Bought 2 of them to bring home. Only souvenir I bought this year.

On the trip up (500 miles), I tried 92 octane fuel to see if it made any difference in the towing mileage. I used regular on the way home. It made no difference. On the way home I checked the mileage from camp to the border with the max speed of 50 mph because of the speed limits in Canada. 12.2 mpg. After the border 280 miles on I96 and I75 with the cruise at 74 mph, the mileage was 8.1 mpg.

Presumably a tip to the person fueling the boat up at the marina. Customary to give a little tip.

Darn... never thought about that. We never could "afford" full serve gas growing up, so I guess my head never processed that as a service job that deserves a tip... I'll make sure I'm doing that now! (though i'm hauling cans a lot more than i want to... saving $2/gallon is worth the workout)...

I fill gas cans when going to the lake, but once I’m there the marina makes more sense. It takes me an hour to go get gas from the cottage and will cost me $ 10 in gas . So if the marina gas is is $2/ gal more I’ve already spend a dollar of that savings going to the gas station. so now the question is “ is that hour of lost time worth 10 dollars. To me the answer is no. ( assuming your buying 10 gallons of gas )

I fill gas cans when going to the lake, but once I’m there the marina makes more sense. It takes me an hour to go get gas from the cottage and will cost me $ 10 in gas . So if the marina gas is is $2/ gal more I’ve already spend a dollar of that savings going to the gas station. so now the question is “ is that hour of lost time worth 10 dollars. To me the answer is no. ( assuming your buying 10 gallons of gas )

yep, definitely a "depends" situation for everyone...

for us, gas station is about a mile from where we dock/park... easy to make it work on the way in. That said, I don't like running ethanol, but since i'm not on saltwater, i'm not as worried... I'll run ethanol free from the marina my last 2 tanks and should be fine before shrink wrapping for the season

$5.69 on the street today ,No Ethanol 90 0ctane .

I’m in New Smyrna Beach for vacation this week. Filled the car up at $3.91 per gallon at a WaWa and noticed Ethanol Free was $4.71 per gallon. I thought WOW, that’s a good price. Geez.

The stations in my area are $4.69 for regular with corn . 30 miles south, it's down to $4.09 .

Costco near Lake Norman was $3.84 yesterday. Still have a ways to go.....

First fill-ups of the season (family travel, alas) - put about 12 hours on the Benny and the kids put about 20 hours on the SeaDoo. Cost me about $600 total for the week of fun. Gas is between $6.50 and $6.75/gallon on the water (and about $1.25 less for the same on land - 91 non-oxy) I'm okay with the extra dough as our lift would be cumbersome to cart gas to and from.

$5.09 today ,No Corn .( on the street )

25 miles south of me its 60 cents less ,I cant justify a separate trip when I use 2 gallons to get there and back

Back