Merc 600hp on Bennington

mtudb24

Reaction score
Maybe this is somebodies boat on this forum and can chime in. Not sure I like how this sets a$$ heavy in the stern, but won't pass judgement if the owner chimes in as to performance and how it handles in rough water.

Attachments

• 600hp merc 1.jpg
    600hp merc 1.jpg
    228.1 KB · Views: 128
  • 600hp merc 2.jpg
    600hp merc 2.jpg
    165.2 KB · Views: 126
Hope it’s someone on the forum.

Sits low for sure!

He could have water in the toons . What happens when he puts the hammer down ?

Wow that thing is a beast. Agree it looks a bit low in the back - with the motor weighing in over 1,200lbs, I wonder if they have to do anything special to the boat? Either way, I'd sure like to give it a test run.

:D

Oh. My. Goodness! Go big or go home…

Probably has 200 gallons of fuel on board … :oops:

Time for Triple Ellipticals?

Bum sagging, don't like the looks but I bet the performance is awesome.

Nice engineering feature that the top end stays straight while the lower end below the waterline rotates for turns. It's a little strange though to see an outboard without a pee-and-tell stream while running.

Nice engineering feature that the top end stays straight while the lower end below the waterline rotates for turns. It's a little strange though to see an outboard without a pee-and-tell stream while running.
A side effect of this is that you need a rudder position indicator at the helm so you know which way the drive is actually pointed at slower speeds, around the docks, etc.

The coolest feature in my opinion is the two speed transmission. That feeling when it shifts and keeps pulling hard is something new to the boating world.

The coolest feature in my opinion is the two speed transmission. That feeling when it shifts and keeps pulling hard is something new to the boating world.
That does sound pretty dang cool!!! I’ll never know, but I can imagine it… :D

Back