New Boat Does Not Sit Level

Looks normal to me resting at dock. On the water trim it down if you like. More weight in the back sitting still tends to raise the front. I think they are designed that way.

We really need that emoji of the smiley face eating the popcorn on this forum. I'm just getting caught up on this topic and it was an interesting read! For me, if I was adding 400lbs to my boat it would be in the form of silicone and sun tan ladies. Not only would it level out the boat, it would make bouncing across the chop a little more visually appealing.

This might solve another issue too. If you boat on a body of water with a rocky shoreline, you can make your own sandy beach to hang out at. :cool:

Derrick killed it as usual with some ridiculous Canadian perspective!

We really need that emoji of the smiley face eating the popcorn on this forum. I'm just getting caught up on this topic and it was an interesting read! For me, if I was adding 400lbs to my boat it would be in the form of silicone and sun tan ladies. Not only would it level out the boat, it would make bouncing across the chop a little more visually appealing.

This might solve another issue too. If you boat on a body of water with a rocky shoreline, you can make your own sandy beach to hang out at. :cool:

Derrick killed it as usual with some ridiculous Canadian perspective!

Here you go Andy .
ab1a42f8c4b67d61a018696aeff11741.jpg

I'm surprised no one has mentioned this yet, but the obvious answer in this case is to modify the dock so it slants and matches the profile of your boat.

You could dredge part of the lake so the water doesn't sit level anymore, but that would be a LOT of work.

I enjoyed reading these 4 pages. Thanks for rehashing it. Laughed all the way through
Me too. I didn't even look to see that this thread was from 3 years ago. I was like what in the world is going through this guys mind of putting sand bags to level the boat out!!! WOW :)

A Classic!!!

I've also noticed that my boat tends to MOVE when out on the water - it has a hard time staying level while floating in the middle of the lake. Wakes from other boats result in a pronounced "rocking" motion - does anyone have a fix? :p

I've also noticed that my boat tends to MOVE when out on the water - it has a hard time staying level while floating in the middle of the lake. Wakes from other boats result in a pronounced "rocking" motion - does anyone have a fix? :p

Never even saw the post was old and was seriously looking for a winter prop…

2 words…sand bags.
Get a few 100 pound sand bags and toss them to the side that’s above the waves, and then toss them back to the side that’s below the waves.
Look no further than sand bags

I also noticed in your photo that your boat doesn’t sit level. May I suggest, sand bags?

Back