New Year, New Bennington, New Adventures!!

Graphite/ Ocean Blue

Silver/Ocean Blue

If you go back a little ways on the other thread about the swingbacks, I also posted another video link there that had the silver and ocean blue inserts. When I ordered my 26 LXL I got ocean blue and silver accent on the outside. I wanted ocean blue seat inserts but that wasn’t a standard option. My dealer said they just have to put it on the build sheet as a special request and Bennington will do it. He said it wasn’t any big deal. Just some food for thought for you.

Graphite/ Ocean Blue

Silver/Ocean Blue

If you go back a little ways on the other thread about the swingbacks, I also posted another video link there that had the silver and ocean blue inserts. When I ordered my 26 LXL I got ocean blue and silver accent on the outside. I wanted ocean blue seat inserts but that wasn’t a standard option. My dealer said they just have to put it on the build sheet as a special request and Bennington will do it. He said it wasn’t any big deal. Just some food for thought for you.
Did you get the pressed or stiched inserts?

Ok, so after all the amazing feedback, I switched to the Ocean Blue accents, added underwater lighting, and a black rub rail insert. Thank you Benny owners for the support!!!

Congratulations.
Always happy to spend others money. :p

Ok, so after all the amazing feedback, I switched to the Ocean Blue accents, added underwater lighting, and a black rub rail insert. Thank you Benny owners for the support!!!
Our task is to make sure you get the perfect boat for you. Glad to hear you are getting what you want. What color Bimini did you go with? You will have an amazing boat and are required to post pictures when you get it.

Will not be unhappy with the underwater lights, very cool for night cruising

Our task is to make sure you get the perfect boat for you. Glad to hear you are getting what you want. What color Bimini did you go with? You will have an amazing boat and are required to post pictures when you get it.
Bimini is also in the Ocean Blue. YES, absolutely on the pictures (I am surprised that Bennington does not shoot pictures of each build and post them!).

Bimini is also in the Ocean Blue. YES, absolutely on the pictures (I am surprised that Bennington does not shoot pictures of each build and post them!).

You can ask dealer to have it done for you. They will take pics if at all humanly possible.

So after a lot of reading, checking reviews and multiple pontoon user groups, adding the Mercury Active Trim and Shark Hide Coating. Ok I am done, thant's it, now the winter wait... Thank you all for the amazing posts, feedback, videos and pictures (and helping me spend money)

We always like spending other peopLes money! :p

Yup...spending other peoples money is the speciality around here. I think this forum pushed my up a solid 10-15k on my boat back in 2017. However, it really did facilitate me buying my last boat first. In the long run I’d like to think it saved me money (at least that is what I tell my wife repeatedly...lol).

When you find the underwater lights and how best to wire them easily let me know... Maybe I can bring my boat and a case of beer over and have you do mine too. :D;)
Will be happening in the spring - and there's already a switch dedicated so it should be easy-peasy. Will post pics around late April :cool:

Saved up for a decade: 2021 = no more leaching off my Friends! Took me almost a month to figure out the options, but here is my new Benny just ordered and on the way (ideally before lake season in June!):

BENNIGNTON 26 LXSB

Functional:

• 350 HP Mercury Verado (everyone said you can't have too much, and a V6 - apparently quiet vs V8's).
  • Elliptical Sport Package .125 – ESP (we beach our boats a lot and with a big family, need lots of float).
  • Mercury Digital Go7 Simrad Display (engine diagnostics was the primary reason, otherwise I tend to be an analog guy).
  • Center Tube Fuel Tank (52 gallons - hate stopping for gas).
  • Dual Battery System (love backup systems).
  • Master Power Switch (keep it easy).
  • Wavetamer to Bow 3 Tube Upgrade (Sound interesting)
  • Heavy Duty Rub Rail (Well, I am a new at this)
  • Pop Up Cleats (I like my toes)
  • Dock Lights in LED Stainless Housing (always dropping ice chests)
  • Ski Pylon 54" Aluminum (they say I can tow towables). I wanted a tower, but they did not accommodate use while Wakeboarding? Already designing modified Wakeboard holders to attach to side of boat that will swing out of the way when not in use.
Exterior:
  • Smooth Panels: Midnight with Monaco Blue Accent
  • Double Bimini Monaco Blue Canvas with cable stays
  • RGB Side Illumination & Controller (could not resist, and we like night swims).
Interior:
  • Seating: Silver Simtex with Pillowtop Diamond Stich Upgrade and Metallic Carbon Accents (Consensus = artic white hard to keep clean)
  • Helm & Co-Captain Seats with V2 Pure Recliner with Bolster Upgrade (Trying to get the CoCaptain Seat relocated further forward - please!!!). Wife and I like to take our own trips sans all the kids, and great to have a co-captain.
  • Swingback Plus with Stainless Keeper Rail (We selected the LX model for this SB Plus with an extra long flat space to nap - LOL).
  • Bow Gate Seat (hoping to get to fit behind 2nd Captain Chair next to Swingback when not needed upfront)
  • 2 Cupholders (or Phone holders as my kids use them).
  • Helm/Stereo Rockford PMX 2 (Less power drain and apparently plenty of volume, no loss of storage)
  • Woven Vinyl Sliver Flooring (liked the SeaGrass but concerned about coolers and equipment / coolers tearing it up)
  • In-Floor Storage (must have - need to store most of our stuff in the boat).
THANK YOU DEREK at SCMG for answering my endless list of crazy questions and getting this ordered (he must have had to contact the Rep a half dozen times with all my questions trying to figure out models and options and why online specs often seemed to make no sense and could I customize all sorts of things).

The LX model did not have a few features the RX had, but it saved me over $12K even after upgrading the engine and electronics and again, I LOVED the Swingback Plus (vs the Swingback Deluxe on the RX). I still have not been able to determine why it is 6" longer than the RX with the same sized deck and pontoons, I chalked it up to an error in the online specs (as confirmed by the detailed floor plan CAD drawings, the RX25 and LX26 models are the same deck and toon size). Important to note that the LX model had the wider seats (like the RX) just no armrest, that was not an easy detail to find. The biggest unknown is the performance of the ESP vs SPS - looked everywhere and could not find a side by side comparison. So, sprung for the additional upgrade. Figured First and Last boat - Just Do It!

Now I really can't wait for SUMMER! Thank you Benny Members for your posts and advice! Looking forward to some amazing family memories.

Happy Boating! Larry

PS - feel free to suggest anything I might have missed - I thought about the kitchen sink, but then I would have to do dishes.
An exciting day, dealer called with Build Date! Ordered January 22, Build Date issued 2/24/21 for April 22, still waiting for order confirmation (the process in which a Benny Factory Rep reviews the order and works out any details with build and/or custom requests).

An exciting day, dealer called with Build Date! Ordered January 22, Build Date issued 2/24/21 for April 22, still waiting for order confirmation (the process in which a Benny Factory Rep reviews the order and works out any details with build and/or custom requests).
Nice!

My boat, ordered Nov 1...will be delivered to dealer tomorrow. Engine however wont be delivered for another month...so the wait continues a little longer. Good news is once I get it to the lake, first of April, the weather will be nice enough down here to start the break in. No need to keep it on the shelf.

Sounds great! You will be ready in plenty of time for summer (as long as your dealer has the motor for you). Can’t wait to hear (and see) all about it when it comes in. Mine is sitting at the dealer waiting for the motor to get there. On the bright side I will be getting the new updated for 2021 Yamaha 300 so I’m happy to wait. Now if only spring would get here...

Final order confirmation in! Build date moved / corrected to April 12! Bennington would not provide a co-captain seat with bolster, said coastguard is discouraging. Don't offer Simrad Transducer upgrades, only the HDI version. Will not move Stereo remote to swim deck (from sb lounge). Would not put winged logo on LX. Will upgrade rub rail insert to black without full blackout option.

Final order confirmation in! Build date moved / corrected to April 12! Bennington would not provide a co-captain seat with bolster, said coastguard is discouraging. Don't offer Simrad Transducer upgrades, only the HDI version. Will not move Stereo remote to swim deck (from sb lounge). Would not put winged logo on LX. Will upgrade rub rail insert to black without full blackout option.
Congrats it will be hear before you know it.

Great news today! My late January order (existing dealer build slot) that originally was an April 12 build date has been built and waiting for shipment. :) The boat is scheduled to depart next week, dealer said the Merc 350 is in transit, and that ideally June 15th the boat will be ready! Good thing too, the wife is a tad annoyed that I filed our guest closet and now a small section of the living room with all the add-ons just itching to get used - LOL. Pictures will get posted!!!

Back