Party cover replacement.

Jim Connelly

Reaction score
I have a 2017 Swingback model. I want to replace the full cover. The one from the factory didn't cover the rear of the boat. some of the area by the engine is exposed. So my question is do any of you have a Swingback model where the whole boat including the rear of the boat is covered. I realize I could have one custom made but was just wondering if any of you have a cover like this? Thanks to all who make this Benny site a sucess.

I have a 2017 Swingback model. I want to replace the full cover. The one from the factory didn't cover the rear of the boat. some of the area by the engine is exposed. So my question is do any of you have a Swingback model where the whole boat including the rear of the boat is covered. I realize I could have one custom made but was just wondering if any of you have a cover like this? Thanks to all who make this Benny site a sucess.
I have a 2017 24’ SSBXP myself. Cover leaves the port and starboard extended aft deck corangers partially uncovered. Everything else is covered: swingback seat, walkway and gate, and center area of extended aft deck.

I was going to add a picture of mine for reference, but just now realized in going through my pictures that I have never bothered taking a picture of the rear of the boat with the cover on it.

Can you post a picture of yours and I can let you know if it is the same as how mine looks?

I would think that instead of buying a whole new cover a local canvas shop should be able to add to the existing including the snaps

Yes, they can. Saw this many years ago I believe on this forum. Can't remember who posted it though?

Attachments

• Benny extended cover.jpg
    Benny extended cover.jpg
    156 KB · Views: 50
Yes, they can. Saw this many years ago I believe on this forum. Can't remember who posted it though?
Yes mtudb, I couldn’t remember who it was either but after thinking about it; was it Derrick (Bulldog)?

Yes mtudb, I couldn’t remember who it was either but after thinking about it; was it Derrick (Bulldog)?
Yeah I think it was Derrick that had an extension made, or was going to …

Bennington leaves the bow and stern platforms exposed to allow access for mooring - at least on all modern boats (I think). My 2011 RCW had a cover that snapped just above the rub rail in the bow and into the transom in the rear. My 2021 R with swingback leaves front and back exposed.

Here's the 2011 vs 2021:
Screen Shot 2021-08-30 at 4.38.37 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-08-30 at 4.38.19 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-08-30 at 4.43.08 PM.png

I always though Derrick had red boats. Now I'm on a mission to figure it out :)

Was it Derrick who originally asked the question and it was Jfuhr18 who had it made (maybe with this thread?) Although you can't see his attached pics anymore, the talk of the thread matches his photo

Damn, we're all old. That was a little over 7 years ago :eek:

o_O Yup not as sharp anymore

My mooring cover for our my 2017 SSBXP is identical to CLDave’s in his picture above.

Only thing different on mine unfortunately is his 350 Mercury Verado hanging on the back of his boat. ;)

Back