Registration Colors & Letter Placement Ideas

We did the same area as SEMPERFI but just stuck the vinyl to the skirt. They've only been on for a year (three months up here;)). I can't say anything about durability but know a guy with a print shop so vinyl lettering is cheap. View attachment 28876
That's a first for me. Snow on a Bennington!

To echo someone else above, check with your state/province about any requirements as to where you put them. In Michigan for example, putting them on the skirt area would be a violation as they need to be higher up.

Michigan Registration Placement

Some areas are very specific, others not so much. Check before placing them anywhere.

My boat is smokey granite (dark color like yours) with a silver stripe like yours. The dealer printed my numbers in smokey granite and I put then in your position 2. I should be able to get a photo this week.

I don't know how you guys make it up there, it's going down to the twenties tonight with the chance of freezing rain and it's the only thing the news can talk about, no bread or milk at the store, everyone in a panic.
Can you still get toilet paper???

To echo someone else above, check with your state/province about any requirements as to where you put them. In Michigan for example, putting them on the skirt area would be a violation as they need to be higher up.

Michigan Registration Placement

Some areas are very specific, others not so much. Check before placing them anywhere.
I see what you're saying Vikingstaff. I just checked Michigan wording out of curiosity and MN doesn't have the "as high above the water line as possible" like MI. I have seen the game warden on the lake and haven't been stopped...doesn't mean I wont be. MN regs for reference starting on page 11

I see what you're saying Vikingstaff. I just checked Michigan wording out of curiosity and MN doesn't have the "as high above the water line as possible" like MI. I have seen the game warden on the lake and haven't been stopped...doesn't mean I wont be. MN regs for reference starting on page 11
Nice! Looks like you have more flexibility. It’s always interesting how much little things vary from state to state.

Nice! Looks like you have more flexibility. It’s always interesting how much little things vary from state to state.
It’s surprising MInnesota allows any flexibility as the state tends to over regulate pretty much everything.

Here is my location, in MN obviously...View attachment 28879
Thanks for sharing where you placed your registration numbers/letters. Would you know the tube diameter of the ski tow bar? I want to buy a flag pole holder that would mount on the ski tow bar but I am not sure what the diameter is. My new pontoon is shrink wrapped and stored by the dealer until Spring.

Thanks for sharing where you placed your registration numbers/letters. Would you know the tube diameter of the ski tow bar? I want to buy a flag pole holder that would mount on the ski tow bar but I am not sure what the diameter is. My new pontoon is shrink wrapped and stored by the dealer until Spring.
My pontoon is in storage also and inaccessible. I checked my build invoice and it doesn't specify the diameter of the tube. Sorry I can't help...maybe if you call your dealer they could tell you?

Don’t forget, if you have a Cricut machine, you don’t have to pay for any lettering to be made, other than machine and vinyl ... ;)
I bought machine, selection of vinyl and tools on Amazon.
I bought one just to make decals for my boat and vehicles. I’ve actually made a couple bucks making stuff for some friends too.

Don’t forget, if you have a Cricut machine, you don’t have to pay for any lettering to be made, other than machine and vinyl ... ;)
I bought machine, selection of vinyl and tools on Amazon.
I bought one just to make decals for my boat and vehicles. I’ve actually made a couple bucks making stuff for some friends too.
My wife uses the cricut for everything....never thought about boat decals...

When i get the new boat in may, I guess she will have to make the numbers!

I see your from York, where do you boat? I live in Mechancisburg, PA.

My wife uses the cricut for everything....never thought about boat decals...

When i get the new boat in may, I guess she will have to make the numbers!

I see your from York, where do you boat? I live in Mechancisburg, PA.

Lake Marburg in Hanover. Our local dealer stores our boat over the winter. He drops us in first and out last.

Who did you use to make the decals? I like the font and wonder who you used
Yep, got it from Domed Letters - it's their standard "Bennington New" font. $90 for both sides to your door.

Ours is underneath on placard toward bow. Didn’t want anything on my panels.

View attachment 28874
I like this method. I just hate the idea of putting registration stickers on the design of the new boat. The 2021 L models now have the added design of the parallel molding bars, and adding numbers just makes my skin crawl....

Im in Texas and the requirement is 3" lettering and..

"The TX number must be painted on, or otherwise attached to, each side of the forward half of the vessel, in such position as to provide easy identification"

I just wonder if having the numbers there opens me up to the subjective reasoning of Game Wardens and Park Rangers who dont like that location, even if its easy identification

Maybe posiiton 3 on the 2021 L models since a 3" number would fit on that small area and still be well above the toon line

Back