SS LED vs Lights in ABS Housing Docking Lights?

peeruwp

Reaction score
Anyone know the difference other than the housing? Not a lot on this topic in the forum other than some have said the LED version is not bright. Thoughts?

I selected the SS docking lights upgrade on my 20SLG and was told there is an additional LED light in them, so they will be slightly brighter than the base lights. Plus it looks like they have glass lenses in them as well which may help with direction/focusing. I’m not expecting headlights, but brighter is better! I chose SS because they look nice and there is no chance of me cracking them by getting caught under the dock.

The new SS lights are really, quite nicely, bright. Much more so than the older versions (I had a 2011 RCW with SS lights and these are WAY brighter):

Screen Shot 2020-12-09 at 12.58.50 PM.png

^^^^^^^If those are the stock lights, those are plenty bright enough for docking!
Yep, stock 2021 LED / stainless housing lights. They're BRIGHT. :cool:

Good to know. Thanks. It’s important to know the new LEDs are bright because the posts in the past were referencing the opposite.

My dealer forgot to add them in the final build sheet but was able to add them the next day easy enough.

I added the SS docking lights but it was too late for the factory to install. However, still managed to get them thrown in loose and will be fitted when the boat arrives in Australia.
I’m glad I did as they look very bright.

Hmmm... Mine suck. They are from 2011 though. I wonder if I could change out the bulbs???

Those look much brighter than my SS LED’s on my 2017. Wonder when they changed things up to get this improvement in light output? Of course, we rarely boat at night, so not much of an issue for us either.

As a safety reminder, these docking lights are intended to be used for docking and other similar uses, not as headlights cruising the water at night. Having these bright LEDs coming at you while boating is a hazard while trying to safely operate your boat.

As a safety reminder, these docking lights are intended to be used for docking and other similar uses, not as headlights cruising the water at night. Having these bright LEDs coming at you while boating is a hazard while trying to safely operate your boat.
One of my biggest pet peeves on the water. Why do people think that dock lights are needed when underway? THEY'RE FOR DOCKING DANGIT. :)

Not to mention illegal, depending on your body of water.

One of my biggest pet peeves on the water. Why do people think that dock lights are needed when underway? THEY'RE FOR DOCKING DANGIT. :)
Docking lights are for safe docking at night...it is ILLEGAL to run with these lights ON in Georgia. So I'm saying docking light for night docking & is certainly legal & safe.

I added the SS docking lights but it was too late for the factory to install. However, still managed to get them thrown in loose and will be fitted when the boat arrives in Australia.
I’m glad I did as they look very bright.
My SS docking lights never ended up arriving with my boat.
My question, can I order these SS docking lights online without having to go through my dealer?

Attachments

• 266831B5-D32B-409B-89CE-546B3FB3189B.png
    266831B5-D32B-409B-89CE-546B3FB3189B.png
    528.3 KB · Views: 19
Doubtful. Try a google search but typically newer parts are dealer only.

Back