Steps/Ladders for elderly

But, all my other photos of our lake pretty much suck.
Someday when When someone has time, I'd like them to summarize all the comments you and I made about "our" lake... Lol.

We'd win worst lake for sure. 

I water skied for the first time in 20 years at the end of last summer and took a big snout full of water when I tried to jump the wake.  I remember jumping wakes like it was yesterday.  My body did not.  Later that day we saw a sign on Sandy beach saying you shouldn't swim in the water due to high ecoli levels, and I had just taken a half a cup up my nose and back into my throat and lungs.  I was coughing so much I nearly puked.  Maybe it was because I was so out of shape, I don't know.  They say what doesn't kill you makes you stronger, but I was worried about the "what kills you" part for a few days.

It's a lake, and it's all we got.

Last edited by a moderator:
We'd win worst lake for sure. 

I water skied for the first time in 20 years at the end of last summer and took a big snout full of water when I tried to jump the wake.  I remember jumping wakes like it was yesterday.  My body did not.  Later that day we saw a sign on Sandy beach saying you shouldn't swim in the water due to high ecoli levels, and I had just taken a half a cup up my nose and back into my throat and lungs.  I was coughing so much I nearly puked.  Maybe it was because I was so out of shape, I don't know.  They say what doesn't kill you makes you stronger, but I was worried about the "what kills you" part for a few days.

It's a lake, and it's all we got.
I live 7 miles to Old Hickory lake but drive 2 hours 1 way to Dale Hollow because it just that clean. I remember the first time we went I was sitting on the back of the boat just looking around and looked down and saw the prop. You cant see your prop in Old Hickory. It was past exciting :D

Here is some video of someone diving/snorkeling in our lake. I feel like the water is pretty clear certain times of the year but once the weeds set in/boat traffic increases it gets a little cloudy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKoaHzPG9JE

We use to have the hi ecoli issue due to a ton of friggen geese. They came in and took them all out, only a couple showed up last year and there was a huge improvement in the water quality. Damn geese.

Most of the places we pull up to have a bank so the angle is not as steep. I like the double wide ramp for the extra width. It is also aluminum and light. Making it easier to handle plus not an extra weight on the boat.

The plasti-dip was more for protecting your helm, or seat fabric, from a sharp corner taking out a chunk accidentally when stowing it.  Your mat/carpet pieces seems best for the rub rail.

I have an elderly mother who would like to be able to get on and off the beach from the pontoon. I have researched ladders a bit but haven't found anything I love. I liked the ramp but have a tri-toon. Anyone have any items that they have found that they like?

We are buying this ladder from home depot. its a murphy ladder.
it folds in half and then legs fold together. it should fit perfect under seat or in center tube.

I have an elderly mother who would like to be able to get on and off the beach from the pontoon. I have researched ladders a bit but haven't found anything I love. I liked the ramp but have a tri-toon. Anyone have any items that they have found that they like?
This might work; Google Roll A Ramp

Wish they made these a bit narrower so they would fit on my TriToon!

Attachments

• RecPro Loading Ramp.JPG
    RecPro Loading Ramp.JPG
    50.8 KB · Views: 11
Back