what to do with cover while shirink wrapped

Hosstyle

Reaction score
With being in Canada I have to winterize and store my boat. I have it shrinked wrapped for the winter. I have not had any issues. My question is: can I leave my cover rolled up under a seat for the whole winter? If put away dry are there mold concerns? I do put those moisture absorbing bags in the boat.

Thanks

It's "probably" ok if it's dry when you put it away and no moisture under the seat, however, we always take ours off the boat and store it rolled up in the garage for the winter just to prevent any potential mold issues. If you have a place to put it for the winter, I recommend to take it off the boat.

With being in Canada I have to winterize and store my boat. I have it shrinked wrapped for the winter. I have not had any issues. My question is: can I leave my cover rolled up under a seat for the whole winter? If put away dry are there mold concerns? I do put those moisture absorbing bags in the boat.

Thanks
When I had our boat shrink-wrapped the installer put our cover in a large heavy duty trash bag and I brought it home and stored in our garage.....

Don’t leave in the boat. If a critter gets in there it will shred it to make a cozy home.

This is good information!
This is my first boat and I was thinking that you leave the cover on when it is shrink wrapped.

Thanks
Do you store in outdoors?

This is good information!
This is my first boat and I was thinking that you leave the cover on when it is shrink wrapped.
Typically they use wood supports with plastic or wood caps to support the shrink wrap. You’d have to remove the cover.

Back