Winter has arrived in Northern Michigan

Leaves aren't even off the trees yet .Branches are hanging very low .Just starting to melt now .

Forecast for the weekend is high in the low 40s lows just under freezing but by Tuesday mid 60's, crazy

Just ran into town ,took a few pics.

Ouch! No snow down here...yet.

They do say s*** runs downhill

Sheep?

We haven't gotten snow here, yet. I'm still running around in my Jeep with the doors and top off. :p

Wit temps in the 70's the next couple of days it almost makes me want to get the boat out of storage! 

With the sunshine and temps in the 70's the last couple days I took the paddle boat out with my buddy and wetted a line. Makes me really wish for an early spring...

3688558C-6B75-4261-B470-447EF83DBA4B_zpsiz4rnkk0.jpg

6E96E503-D1B9-4BD8-B1C8-94E5133A1B42_zpszo5oftz6.jpg

DB08D6CB-BCE4-40CD-A499-9209A883FC47_zpsgob0bllh.jpg

Nice lakeliving.  BTW you have moved up into the best photo class.  Your quality has really been good and I also like the size of the pix you post.  Do you attribute this to photobucket?

Thanks Mark. I capture them with the 5s. then upload to photobucket which allows for a nice size photo in the forum. The photobucket app also allows for some fun edits. I'd like to make a joke about your age and the large photo size but I won't... The photo of the pike is blurry but oh well. I was just happy to catch something this late in the season. And for the anglers out there check out the Lindy glove. I love mine.

Here is Austin during his first Halloween.

B0835A38-0269-46E7-B069-66CEFEA6DBB1_zpsiw6arqpf.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like he'd rather be boating.

That's a GREAT picture Lakeliving

Possible 6 inches of that 4 letter word ( S **W )  predicted for this Saturday in Northern Michigan  .Hopefully the other predictions of a " mild winter " are correct .

Possible 6 inches of that 4 letter word ( S **W )  predicted for this Saturday in Northern Michigan  .Hopefully the other predictions of a " mild winter " are correct .
Time to start pressuring your mom Jack.    :p

Please keep it there Jack. Try banging a stick on the ground and yell "Thou shalt not pass"

They are calling for 2" down here for Saturday. Good for the hunters though as the deer will be moving. I guess I should pull the paddle boat and my last two dock sections...

.Hopefully the other predictions of a " mild winter " are correct .
So what, only maybe 8 feet for you this year ????   :wacko:

Back