Winter has arrived in Northern Michigan

We were "supposed" to get 5-7 in Petoskey .Nothing yet 

Maybe Andy might have lost his power ?

Last edited by a moderator:
6:15 am just looked outside again  ,there's about an inch and it's coming down fast .

Still alive and the total accumulation came to 16.5 inches... I'll get some photos up a little later!

Not sure if we want to see them Lakeliving

I just went out ,ours is lake effect and the ski resorts making snow .

I put a couple photos in the gallery

Nice and sunny today! We "only" have 10"-11" here in Wixom. Other son and d-i-l are at our Traverse City place for the weekend and they only have 5-6 inches there.

It has stopped here ,just over 2 .

We seem to have 4" in Indiana, but we're in Houston, missed the whole thing. Out daughter is flying back to Chicago this afternoon where they had 12-17", a record!

Nice and sunny today! We "only" have 10"-11" here in Wixom. Other son and d-i-l are at our Traverse City place for the weekend and they only have 5-6 inches there.
We were just in Wixom/Novi today!

We were just in Wixom/Novi today!
Normally we are in TC for this week with the kids coming up for thanksgiving weekend and dinner. I got called for jury duty tomorrow so we had to change plans this year and are actually doing thanksgiving dinner today. Everyone coming over in about half hour. I hope I won't get on a jury and we will go up later this week.

Hate to say it, but I hope it's not a sign of what's to come. Global warming they said ...... warm winter they said ..... yeah,  right ........  :wacko:

That's crazy........ but just keep it up there ....  ;)

Hate to say it, but I hope it's not a sign of what's to come. Global warming they said ...... warm winter they said ..... yeah,  right ........  :wacko:

That's crazy........ but just keep it up there ....  ;)
One of the hallmarks of climate change is greater unpredictibility. And higher highs and lower lower lows and hotter hots and colder colds.

It's not nice to mess with Mother Nature.

Hey Fall, meet Winter!

636C1D21-4A0C-43B3-80E3-4183ACA57D35_zpsaewkvdlz.jpg

Think of snow as powdered lake water. 

The lake is going to freeze over the winter anyway, so we might as well get a bunch of snow to make sure the lakes are full when spring gets here!

Back