Winter has arrived in Northern Michigan

Fixed what? No way. I'll live in a tent on the beach to live in the south. I even got the wife to kind of agree to live in a trailer again (I grew up in one so I can talk trash about trailers) if we lived down south. We would spend very little time in it anyhow if we are living life right !!

Ya sure, but the guys in the south can't ski, snowmobile, Ice fish, skate, curl up in front of a wood fire, ice sail, and the wife always wants to curl up with you in bed!

Dan
Been there done that Dan.....went to college in Rhode Island and my wife's family lives on a lake there and had snowmobiles.......skiied all over New England, Canada, Colorado and Utah.....If I never saw snow again it wouldn't bother me......

I've come to the conclusion that Hawaiian people don't belong up there! Ha!

Oh yeah....we have a few ski areas about a hour and a half/2 hrs. north of us in the mountains of North Carolina just in case we get that itch......

Found it!!!!!!! I thought I had late April

Definitely  not ready for this . :angry:

In my yard about 12:30 pm today 8/20/15

Last edited by a moderator:
NOOOOOOOooooooooooo

At least it is "supposed " to be in the 80's this weekend .

Thanks for the dose of depression Jack! I am not going to pull the boat until October some time. At least that is the goal.

My plan was  to wait until October ,not sure now .

It must have been a good summer when we think a couple yellow leaves are bad! Anytime it is not snowing in Michigan is a good day!

Actually ,August has not been that good up here . Only been out a few times 

56 up in Petoskey .

8 years retired I still wake up early .Anything past 5 is sleeping in for me .

56 up in Petoskey .

8 years retired I still wake up early .Anything past 5 is sleeping in for me .
Look at it like this, if you get up 3 hours early just Sat. & Sun. every day for a year, that's a total of 13 extra days (in hours) you get to enjoy life !! I tell my wife that's why I get up early on my day's off. I want to enjoy as many hours as possible when I'm not working.

Now for you being retired, take that times 365 days, that's an extra 45.5 days a year of enjoying life !! :D

Yeah I don't know how some just sleep all the time. Even pre baby I would be up early on my days off.

Woke up at 4:30am to let the dogs out (I thought when I retired I could sleep in). Checked the thermometer - 47 degrees Fahrenheit!
Just to be clear, that's a hyphen separating "thermometer and 47."

NOT minus 47!!!!!!!! In due time.

LOL, Bill!

Lets be careful with the minus talk  ,please .

Its been terrible here the past 2 winters .

Woke up at 4:30am to let the dogs out (I thought when I retired I could sleep in). Checked the thermometer - 47 degrees Fahrenheit!
Yes, Randy, that was supposed to be a hyphen, not a negative sign - I'm having enough thermometer problems with my Helix 5 fish graph. According to it, Lake Cadillac should be one big fish boil!

That's funny. 47 there and 74 here this am.

Back